Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Battle in the Bluegrass!

Corey I never got anything other than a quick note saying you got my app for RO. Am I still on for Friday. I just want to get me a room lined up.

Thanks

Yup I have you down as a shooter on friday and RO on sat.

Folks it looks like registration will be from 8 to probably 3ish friday and from 7-8:30 sat. We'll go hot at 9 both days with a shooters meeting at 8:30am. The gate at the range is usually locked until 8am but we are trying to get that taken care of.

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Corey, I know you were not able to get a match hotel. But I just made reservations at the Super8 and I got 10% off when I told them I was coming to shoot a match in the area. :cheers:

Also for what its worth the Super8 is about half the cost of the holiday inn. I got two nights for right at $100.

So all you shooters out there, GET A ROOM!

Also Corey, let me know if you need help with anything Thursday or just need to have a meeting for staff. I am flexible with time off and can probably be there by 3pm Thursday if it helps.

Edited by Sarge

Corey, I know you were not able to get a match hotel. But I just made reservations at the Super8 and I got 10% off when I told them I was coming to shoot a match in the area. :cheers:

Also for what its worth the Super8 is about half the cost of the holiday inn. I got two nights for right at $100.

So all you shooters out there, GET A ROOM!

Also Corey, let me know if you need help with anything Thursday or just need to have a meeting for staff. I am flexible with time off and can probably be there by 3pm Thursday if it helps.

That cool, we have a match hotel and didn't know lol. Yeah I could use some help if your going to be in town early thursday. We'll be fine tuning stages and what not then. Hopefully if things go right we'll have most of the stages setup before hand and it will be just some little things for thursday.

i did see the super 8 was quite a bit cheaper than the holiday inn, prolly gonna plan on that one anyway. Ill bring up the idea that im coming to town for a match and see what they can do for me :) As of now, planning on driving down around noon on friday, may try to swing by the range, mainly so i know where to find it Sat morn.

I might have to make this one, stages look fun and it's only 4 hours away... Barely got my 1911 finished last year and haven't shot but 50 rounds through my new production gun - no idea what to shoot. Any way a 2011 can be considered a single stack or production gun? :roflol:

App on the way this week!

I might have to make this one, stages look fun and it's only 4 hours away... Barely got my 1911 finished last year and haven't shot but 50 rounds through my new production gun - no idea what to shoot. Any way a 2011 can be considered a single stack or production gun? :roflol:

App on the way this week!

see ya there! And no a 2011 is not Single Stack or Production.

Folks, get your applications in NOW. Remember at the end of the month the fee goes up. I'll be placing the plaque order here in a couple weeks!

Edited by steel1212

• 2 weeks later...

WE NOW HAVE A MATCH HOTEL!!! I know its a little late but what can I say. The Super 8 in Nicholasville will give you 10% off if you meantion the Battle in the Bluegrass match at Bluegrass Sportsman's league. Make sure you mention all of it!

I've had some emails asking about times so here they are.

Friday:

The main gate stays locked and will be open early but don't show up early if your registering, just staff please. Early Registration is from 8am until we finish shooting the ROs/Staff so get there early if you want to register. We'll probably finish up around 4ish or so. We'll have the shooters meeting at 8:30 and we'll go hot at 9.

Sat:

Registration for shooters will be from 7am until 8:30. Shooters meeting at 8:30. We'll go hot at 9.

WE NOW HAVE A MATCH HOTEL!!! I know its a little late but what can I say. The Super 8 in Nicholasville will give you 10% off if you meantion the Battle in the Bluegrass match at Bluegrass Sportsman's league. Make sure you mention all of it!

Friday:

The main gate stays locked and will be open early but don't show up early if your registering, just staff please. Early Registration is from 8am until we finish shooting the ROs/Staff so get there early if you want to register. We'll probably finish up around 4ish or so. We'll have the shooters meeting at 8:30 and we'll go hot at 9.

Sat:

Registration for shooters will be from 7am until 8:30. Shooters meeting at 8:30. We'll go hot at 9.

A.) Awesome on the Hotel. I'll be calling them tonight or tomorrow

B.) Can Saturday shooters come to the range friday afternoon/evening to check things out beforehand? or do we have to just wait til Sat morn?

Friday:

Sat:

A.) Awesome on the Hotel. I'll be calling them tonight or tomorrow

B.) Can Saturday shooters come to the range friday afternoon/evening to check things out beforehand? or do we have to just wait til Sat morn?

No we like to keep it super secret squirrel around here.....J/K of course you can come out and see the stages! cheers.gif

haha, ok. we will probably drive over friday evening when we get into town (mainly to make sure we know how to get there the next day, haha)

You'll probably want to make sure you drive up at least in the AM so that we are there as we'll close the range probably when we leave.

haha, ok. we will probably drive over friday evening when we get into town (mainly to make sure we know how to get there the next day, haha)

You'll probably want to make sure you drive up at least in the AM so that we are there as we'll close the range probably when we leave.

OK, depends on when we can get out town to head down there. if nothing else we want to be able to find it in the AM, even if we cant check out the stages the night before. We'll try to get down there as early as possible. :)

OK, depends on when we can get out town to head down there. if nothing else we want to be able to find it in the AM, even if we cant check out the stages the night before. We'll try to get down there as early as possible. smile.gif

Club closes at sundown, so try to make it as early as possible if you do want to look the day before.

We are up to about 60 shooters (including staff) Better get that application in now as there won't be room for many more the way these things are rolling in! Don't forget the fee goes up at the end of Feb also!

Edited by steel1212

Alright folks, I just put 7 more applications in the system. I'm down to my last 18 slots! Here is what I'm going to do. I'm going to waive the late entry fee to try and get those last 18 spots filled! Get your applications in now or miss out on starting your Major Match year off with an awesome match!!