Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

G34 with VVN320 + 147 JHP Zero

barney88pdc

I have done some searching and I think this combo should make minor without any problems. I am planning on chronoing 10 rounds each starting at 3.0grains in 0.1 grain increments to find a PF of about 132-135. I think 3.5ish is probably where I will end up. What OAL should I load to? It is a stock gun besides sights. Thanks

With a Zero 147 gr. JHP, I shoot for an overall length of approx. 1.11 - 1.13 in. FWIW, Atlanta Arms loads a similar load as short at 1.105. Plenty of accuracy in both their and my loads, with perfect feeding. I don't see the need for rounds over 1.17 in. or so, personally. YMMV.

Curtis

I settled on 3.6gr N320 with my MG 147 (CMJ round shoulder, flat nose) at 1.130" Makes well over 130 PF from my G34.

EDIT: Oh you wll likely need to use a lighter recoil spring. I use a 13lb spring. With 3.5gr N320 I had occasional ejection problems, 3.4gr gave major ejection problems with 13lb spring.

Edited by lugnut

I settled on 3.6gr N320 with my MG 147 (CMJ round shoulder, flat nose) at 1.130" Makes well over 130 PF from my G34.

I used that exact combo -- same powder, powder charge, bullet, and I think even same OAL (maybe was 1.125) -- at Nationals this year and made 132 pf out of a G17.

-br

Edited by BR