Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

.40 Dies

Sgtsvi

I am going to the Market Hall gun show in Dallas today to buy .40 components for my Dillon 650. I have an unlimited supply of .40 brass from my departments range that has been fired in glocks. I have heard that RCBS dies size the full length of the case. I need to know if this is true or not. I will get a lee FCD like the one I have on my 9mm setup. I also need to know what else I will need for calibre conversion. I have 9mm and .45 setups right now. Do I need another shellplate or anything else like that. I will be shooting the loads out of an SVI limited gun.

Thanks for any help offered,

Dave

As good as the Market hall show is you wont find an EGW resize die.

The Redding comp. seating die and the factory crimp die are great, but that EGW resize die is worth ordering will save a match someday as will the factory crimp die.

those EGW dies are so worth it, I've got three (.45, .40, and 9mm). I've have never had a round not glide right in to my chamber(s), lots of range brass and no chamber checking. On my .45, and .40 I also run a lee Factory crimp die, but I'm beging to think the combination is over kill. My 9mm major open gun is runining fine with out the LFCD.

thanks for the info guys. The market hall show didnt have squat for loading equipment. One dealer was selling redding dies, but I wasnt sure enough to spend $75 on them and find out later that they were not what I needed. I guess I will order what I need from EGW and ghost dog.

thanks again.

Dave

dont forget to buy a 40 case guage from briane while your at it.

If a round does not gauge in my dillon 40 gauge, i just resize it again and viola it now works.

maybe 1 out of 150 will not guage on old brass.

Oh yeah i dont throw away brass that does not have a crack on it, once a small one develops no matter how small, it gets dumped

I admit im cheap :D