Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

POLL: Should Non-Magnified Rifle Optics Be Allowed In Tac Iron/Limited

Absolutely not. The incentive I'm talking about is being able to compete with the RDS without being at a disadvantage, percieved or actual. Some would consider the RDS an advantage, but apparently many of the TI shooters do not. My thinking is that whether or not its an advantage or disadvantage depends upon target presentation. Since that is off of the table so to speak, and there are a hell of a lot of folks with training/HD guns sitting in the safe with RDS and BUIS, it might mean more participation and being able to retain one of the core division/skillsets of multi-gun.

Carry on

Maybe it is just me but I am reading the poll to say that the RD shooters who use a non magnified RD are OK with shooting with the irons shooters and there are a few iron shooters who believe that would be OK.

I agree that irons could be termed a "core division" but customers are not supporting it for several reasons including target presentation, aging eyes, the belief that there is a RD advantage, it is more fun to hit than miss, and there is always a better prize table in something other than limited. When all of these same people see optics on just about every weapon on the battlefields of the middle east on the evening news, the reasons they are not supporting limited becomes all that more entrenched.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic