Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

it's long standing tradition to kill any thread mentioning A4 due to the intense reactions caused by the mention of A4. I wonder what Professor Pavloff would have said about this?

He'd probably say that if people had resisted the urge to use those threads to air their intense emotions and drag up local USPSA politics, they wouldn't get closed.

:rolleyes:

This year's A4 match was a huge success. The members in A4 deserve a first-rate championship match, and got one. I hope the next one is just as successful.

As for the timing or location, it's a good idea to contact the Area Director.

:cheers: I did not want this to bash Ken Hicks, he is the AD The needs/wants of the many should be the driving force in or sport, I feel if you have a group of folks that are doing a great job, you don't try to fix what isn't broken. If the AD wants something different it is his call, if we agree with it or not(maybe another club is wanting to cary on what greenville started). I thought maybe if he heard from the shooters in Area 4 and what their wishes are, he could make an informed decision on what to do. Please keep your comments constructive and on point.

If you do not make you wishes known, do not complain about those who do.

I just heard he was retiring thats all. I would not publicly bash anybody in this sport as i have volunteered a lot of time toward this sport as i am sure Ken has. I just wish i could have made the area match this year, maybe next.

No politics here but the clock is ticking and schedules are filling very fast. Two calls, two days, no replies. My point is this: if there are plans known, we as the participants need to be informed.

Hey, LA is in A4. If it is held there, so be it. However, the level of professionalism has been set and been offered to repeat. If one or more decide NOT to take up that offer, then we must trust that those in power are willing to put up or gather up a group to produce a match of equal or greater level. If not, then one should post it to memory for the correct point in time.

Ken did announce his retirement at the end of his term. Is it too early and/or is this an inappropriate location to begin searching for possible replacements?

JB

I think he's saying they don't want that to go down here on the forums. There is solicitation for new AD's that were in the most recent Front Sight. Unfortunately that is not a public discussion forum where folks can chat about it real time.

I think he's saying they don't want that to go down here on the forums. There is solicitation for new AD's that were in the most recent Front Sight. Unfortunately that is not a public discussion forum where folks can chat about it real time.

I know what he meant. There was just an errant wording (or reading) on his part. Just trying to make light of the situation. :unsure:

Yeah. You got me.

Ir was one of those rare moments where I was typing faster than I was thinking. If you'd ever seen me type, you know how incredibly slow I was thinking at that moment.

So, to be clear and not confuse anyone else -- this is not the place for those discussions (and thanks for already realizing that).

• 4 weeks later...