Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What USPSA multigun rules are unneeded?

Charles:

That's unbelievable, especially coming from a Director of USPSA whose mission it is to promote practical shooting. I pulled this from the USPSA bylaws

1.2 Organization:

This corporation shall be organized as a non-profit non-stock corporation under the general corporation laws of Delaware. It shall be in existence in perpetuity or until formally dissolved by the action of competent authority.

1.3 Forming and Maintaining this Corporation as Non-Profit:

It is the intent and desire of the corporation that it, and its bylaws, complies with the requirements of the United States government in the forming and maintaining of this corporation as a non-profit entity.

ARTICLE 3 - OBJECTS AND PURPOSES:

The objects and purposes of this corporation shall be

i.) to promote amateur national and international athletic competition,

3.1 Direction:

In order to accomplish its stated purposes the corporation shall

i.) set forth and publish rules and guidelines for the conduct of practical shooting contests,

ii.) establish a system for classifying competitors within various classes of abilities,

iii.) establish and publish the corporate newsletter, defined herein as Front Sight Magazine,

iv.) establish and direct the National Range Officer Institute, a division of the corporation, to train and certify range officials,

v.) establish a system for qualifying competitors to participate in national championship contests,

vi.) conduct national championship contests annually in order to determine champions and qualify team(s) of competitors to represent the United States in international competition(s), and

vii.) conduct other business and activities to accomplish the purposes of the organization as the Board of Directors may authorize from time-to-time.

Dave:

Let us not confuse non profit with a lack of fidicuary duty as to finances. The entire reason MG has gone on as long as it has is because the activity fees and club dues and memberships from the pistol shooters have funded it. If MG can not pay its own way, it becomes a draw on our abilty to succeed in other areas.

We have plenty of missions that can not fund themselves. NROI, the junior program, first shots, scholastic shooting and there are others. We are involved in a long term commitment to Steel Challenge and we fund IPSC teams. None of these things make a profit and in most cases generate almost nothing in revenue to the parent organization. Which of these should we just drop so about 130 shooters can go to Las Vegas for a few days and have a multigun match?

I know that this is not the pistol thread. But I can assure you that if the pistol shooters saw the cost per shooter that USPSA was spending on those that decide to particate in MG Nationals vs. the cost per shooter we are spending on the handgun nationals that their view would be different from your own. We can not and should not just take and take and take from Paul to pay Peter.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Charles:

I have no delusions about what a non profit is, however as I read the by laws it is the boards (which in this instance means you) responsibility to "i.) To promote amateur national and international athletic competition," what I read in your posts you are saying is that USPSA should get out of Multi-gun because it's too expensive. Well get out there and promote the sport, attract more shooters and grow the organization as a whole.