Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Meopta help

Alaskapopo

During the last rifle match I attended. the sun was to our face on one stage and a buddies had his Meopta go black on him. He had to use his hand as a sun shade. Anyone know if they make a sun shade for the Meopta and what caused his scope to go dark. My Swarovski did not have the issue.

Here is the stage that went bad for him

th_ScottMultiGunstage.jpg

He usually beats me but this stage really hurt him.

This is me. I had a good run. I got first place in this match.

th_Patsmultigunstage.jpg

The Meopta has a built in sunshade that is 3'' long, which is why the scope is so long to begin with.

I'm gonna take a shot that the electronics are going bad. My first Meopta k-dot would intermittently shut off and/or go dim when I was shooting. I contacted Meopta and they told me to send it it. They were unable to replicate the problem but they replaced it with a different one (had a different serial #) no questions asked. I am very satisfied with the replacement scope and their customer service.

Your friend should have no issues. Good Luck.

Edited by tt350z

The Meopta has a built in sunshade that is 3'' long, which is why the scope is so long to begin with.

I'm gonna take a shot that the electronics are going bad. My first Meopta k-dot would intermittently shut off and/or go dim when I was shooting. I contacted Meopta and they told me to send it it. They were unable to replicate the problem but they replaced it with a different one (had a different serial #) no questions asked. I am very satisfied with the replacement scope and their customer service.

Thanks. I think I did a poor job of describing what happened to him. The scope went black as in he could not see through it like when your head is in the wrong position. He said holding his hand up over the scope allowed him to finish the stage. Thanks for the help. he would post himself but he is computer illiterate and I promised him I would ask you guys.

Pat

Thanks. I think I did a poor job of describing what happened to him. The scope went black as in he could not see through it like when your head is in the wrong position. He said holding his hand up over the scope allowed him to finish the stage. Thanks for the help. he would post himself but he is computer illiterate and I promised him I would ask you guys.

Pat

This sounds more like a parallax issue ...

The scope went black as in he could not see through it like when your head is in the wrong position.

Pat

I think this is what happened. In putting his hand up he was able to get his head in the right position again and see thru it. The bright light may have had him squinting his face and it inadvertantly changed his cheek weld.

<_< its a very advanced technique I have used many times. :unsure: you make up an equipment issue when you are shooting poorly.

Sorry just had to have some fun with you.

But really the scope may be just fine now

Him bombing that stage gave me the match. So I had mixed feelings. :rolleyes:

Pat