Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

APEX vs Carmoney? anyone have one of each?

scottyinAZ

I am still planning on sending a 625 to Mike and one to Randy. I dont think i want to do this as a compairison any longer as they both do exelent work, but have different goals. I dont think Randys work is finicky at all, my 627 has been pounded on for 3 years, no "tune ups" required. just keep pulling the trigger and it keeps going bang. when i first switched to the revolver i didnt know how to properly clean and maintain the internals, at the 5k mark the trigger didnt return a few times. now the inside of the gun was a mess to say the least. a little learning and some cleaning and it was back to its greatness. i know Randy has been backed up a long time, but he has hired some help and is getting stuff done quickly, i spoke with him myslef. I am glad this has not turned into some kinda bash session as these guys are both ACES in the trade. i was just curious as to the differences in feel and operation. now if i asked how Smiths revolver work is....... it might get ugly. =) I have Randys hammers in my guns and i like them, Mikes kinda look a little more race like, but they seem to both work well. The other factor in how well the guns work is how bad were they to start? some guns feel ok from smith and some feel very very very bad. Not ALL guns can be made into works of art, just something to keep in mind.

Thank you all for your input.

Scott

Edited by scottyinAZ

Just an update to this, Bill40718 was super nice and brought a gun done by Apex and one done by Mike Carmoney. i have never handled a gun Mike worked on before, but i am very impressed. Mike, i would like to talk about the way you do the cyl. chamfer sometime on the phone but other than that it felt very nice. i am going to send a 625 your way soon. my shooting buddy sent his gun to Apex last week and they called him yesterday to tell him its almost done, so the turn arround time thing is great. I spoke with Randy at Apex last week, he has a new trick up his sleve and can get the double action under 4 pounds now! it may be too light for some and its not cheap.

Scott

A year or so back one of the said parties lobbed against anyone making and selling a non-patentable idea, except for one great guy.

Other said party puts food on his table, roof over head, medical and retirement benifits, Gunsmithing.

As a small busness onwer myself I know who's getting my business.

I can't say anything about Randy's work as I have never used him. However, I do have a Carmonized 625 and I can say that Carmoney is a top notch guy to deal with. His work is excellent, his turnaround time is incredibly swift, and his word is golden. I don't think anyone would be unhappy using Carmoney.

A year or so back one of the said parties lobbed against anyone making and selling a non-patentable idea, except for one great guy.

Other said party puts food on his table, roof over head, medical and retirement benifits, Gunsmithing.

As a small busness onwer myself I know who's getting my business.

I stand corrected guys, both of these characters are running legitimate companies gunsmithing, with there work equalling each others, logistics might be the best answer as to who should tune your gun.

• 2 months later...