Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

case trimmer

G+16

I've used a Gracy, don't like holding the brass in the trimmer with my fingers, I get major cramping because of arthritis. and getting thru a bucket of 223 takes forever...

Using the Dillon trimmer, I hold the handle down for a count of 1 potato, 2 potato, and then cycle it. using a double head system (one for brass processing, one for priming and loading) you only have to handle the brass twice with a tumbling before each process, and then guage the loaded ammo...

during the brass procesing step, getting thru a bucket of 223 brass can be done in a couple of hours.

do a search, there is lots of info here...

jj

Edited by RiggerJJ

• 3 weeks later...
Morning: Is the Dillon case trimmer the fastest and as per the best money spent for trimming, or is there something else made that is better and do's more?

I cannot immagine anything being faster than a Giraud. It trims, inside & outside chamfers, all in one motion. I did 4000 .223 cases in one long evening. It is hard on fingertips, so use gloves.

The Giraud changes calibers very quickly, especially between close calibers such as .308 & .303.

CDD