Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Need Revo shooters for Sir Walter in NC

Jr. has just agreed to come out and shoot revo with the grownups. Now we need more grownups to try and make a revo squad (just think of the look on Martin's face). Please come out for the next match, hopefully our new state "GM" will be there and some of the new ICORE and IDPA guys (yes, you can wear your vests if you want to and load behind cover) 1st Saturday of the month at Sir Walter in Creedmore, NC. Whoever might have a spare gun/rig that they might let someone borrow would help us out, thanks to all

Edited by John Z Sr

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would love to be there, but my schedule will not allow for it. I'll be at the Memphis Charity Challenge the previous weekend (with 65+ revolver shooters :P ).

Best of luck at the match, talked to our new revo champ this morning and he will be there at the Charity match as well. I wanted to go to that one, but times are getting a little tight, thanks for the reply

I figure that I might do well in the special category (presuming that enough participate in it) of "speedloader". I am most excited to be a part of such a large revolver match. I had hoped that there would be 30 revolver shooters, and it is great to see 65+ in the match. :cheers:

I have to make it back to Sir Walter to shoot a match again, but the next match on my calendar (after Memphis) is the Tim Daugherty(sp?) Memorial Toys for Tots Match.

I figure that I might do well in the special category (presuming that enough participate in it) of "speedloader".

Blueridge, HA to the above, hope you can make it out to the NC State ICORE match in May ( will be a bunch of them speedloader people).

Regards,

DB

I figure that I might do well in the special category (presuming that enough participate in it) of "speedloader".

Blueridge, HA to the above, hope you can make it out to the NC State ICORE match in May ( will be a bunch of them speedloader people).

Regards,

DB

I am not saying that I'll come out at the top in speedloader, but I can make a better showing. ;)

I hope to make it out to the NC State ICORE match in May, so I'll have to get some experience with ICORE before then.

Edited by Blueridge

Is this a monthly match? I have been looking for a match to use my wheelgun, a 686.

Yes, first Saturday of every month we shoot USPSA, 7 great stages, and we also shoot ICORE at Caswell Ranch the third Sunday. We now have a new division in ICORE called "retro" which is speedloaders only, as well as limited and open. Please come out and join us ( I have 6 regular "HKS" speedloaders for my 686 and I'll be shooting my 625, so if you need to borrow some, no problem) John

Thanks for the info Sir! I have some Safariland speed loaders that I can use, I just had not found any local matches that were ICORE or just plain revolver only matches. I'll see if I can drum up some company to bring with me. Thanks for the help.

Thanks for the info Sir! I have some Safariland speed loaders that I can use, I just had not found any local matches that were ICORE or just plain revolver only matches. I'll see if I can drum up some company to bring with me. Thanks for the help.

You bet, just so you know, the Sir Walter match is regular USPSA not revo only (just tyring to more revos to shoot) and the ICORE is all revo naturally, off to a 3 gun in Pitt County today !!

21 Shooter,

Next ICORE match is Nov 15th at Caswell Ranch, www.caswellranch.embarqspace.com

we are the home of 2010 NC State ICORE Championship and the U.S.Open ICORE National Championship

Hope you come shoot with us.

Regards,

DB

Elaine and I will be coming tomorrow. Elaine will be making her USPSA REVO debut.

Can you add 2 more to the revo squad?

see you in tha am

Dan C

YOU BET !!!!! This is getting better all the time !!! Drive safe and see you in the morning, John

Gonna be a bunch of us. The VAMD Match crew is coming down all shooting SS (well, not me... I'm still trying to shoot open). Deegans, Chandlers, and a few from Richmond. I may as well stay home so I don't have to shoot with all the same chumps!

Gonna be a bunch of us. The VAMD Match crew is coming down all shooting SS (well, not me... I'm still trying to shoot open). Deegans, Chandlers, and a few from Richmond. I may as well stay home so I don't have to shoot with all the same chumps!

Hey Seth,

Here's the best offer you will ever get,,, leave that loud noisey open gun home, and I will allow you the fun and honor of shooting one of my revos,, I'll give you the ammo to use, all you have to do is shoot and pick up the brass. I'll even clean the gun,,, now that's a pretty good deal if you ask me,,, just let me know, John

Seth is shooting his regular gun, so my offer extends to any shooter that wants to try shooting a revolver tomorrow. Up for loan for the day is a S&W 57 6" revo in .41 mag, downloaded to the old "Police Load" of the late 60's. It makes major real easy, but not alot of recoil. The 6" barrel gives a great sight picture and the gun is more accurate than most of us can shoot. I will provide the ammo (210 gr. lead semi-wad cutters) and 8 "HKS" speedloaders with holders. Not the fastest set up in the world and you won't beat "Jerry" with it, but for free, why not give it a try. First one to get back to me gets to use it.

Seth, You dont have to shoot with the same set of chumps(your words not mine), Find you a new set as there will be many chumps there tommorrow.

Come and shoot open and have a good time.

Special announcement-We have Banned Revolvers at the match tommorrow :surprise::roflol::roflol::roflol: . Just kidding John.

Match is ready, 7 stages 154 rounds minimum and steel on every stage. 2 swingers and a max trap.

Hope to see all of the VA. mafia down tommorrow.

Take care.

Martin

Hey Martin,

We just might have more revo's tomorrow than single stack!!!! Please be available tomorrow for a picture of you with the "REVO squad" You can even shoot revo with us,, unless it's too much for you to remember,,,, shoot 6, fumble around, load , shoot 6 repeat, repeat, repeat, repeat