Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

S&J Customs Glock 34 for Production

redraider

Actually, I was referring to the aftermarket pieces that stick out like the safety on a 1911 and claim to tame recoil, but thank you.

You do not need them.

G'day All.

I have one of these thumbrests on my 2 G35 357Sig Std Div guns and it does help control the gun when firing Major power factor loads. The grip on the guns feels more secure. YMMV...

Hooroo.

Regards, Trevor

OZ

G34 G35x2

If you want to hot rod a gun for Limited you should start with the dominant platform. a STI/SVI. There are many reasons why this is the dominant Limited and Open platform. You will always being playing catch up with a GLock. You dont own and shoot one now so I see no reason to get one as your stated goal is to have a hotrod Limited gun.

If you were already a long time Glock shooter and already had several Glocks and wanted to timker I'd say go for it.

You should tell Sevigny that he's playing catchup. Nobody told him and he's still kicking ass in limited with a Glock 35.

I love my STI, but there's no reason why a Glock can't be competitive in limited.

Do you see any issue with using a Glock for daily carry but using a 1911/2011 platform for competition? My thought process was to streamline my carry-comp practice so that there's no possibility of confusion when put in a defensive situation. I JUST (last night) finished the purchase on a G27

this is EXACTLY what im currently doing. I carry and G21SF daily, but my singlestack comp gun is a Colt 1911. Its actually a comp/carry gun as well, until I get a dedicated competition pistol (will be the 1911 platform)

• 2 weeks later...

The 2011's are the standard for limited and yes sometimes they are able to squeeze in an extra round in a mag with a little tuning.

The big advantage the glocks have is that they require very little gunsmithing, you can play with a glock and change, add, remove just about anything yourself with almost no problems.

Parts are highly interchangeable in the glocks, where the 2011 and 1911 platforms sometimes require a bit of tweaking to get running consistantly.

Everyone has made very valid points, what it boils down to is what do you want to shoot, and what do you think you can be competitive with. Sevigney could beat most of us with a slingshot.

Your preference is what counts, don't buy something just because your local hot shooter has one, buy what works for you.