Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

how do I do this tactfully?

fastarget

Why not just bump him to "Outlaw" division? That is what I sign up for when I use my normal USPSA Limited gear when I shoot an IDPA match. If his gun does not adhere to the rule limitations of the IDPA divisions then he should be shooting Outlaw, or not for score in the normal divisions. If he is in Outlaw division then it does not matter what shenanigans he pulls during the match, he will probably be the only one shooting that division anyway.

+1

Send him to OUTLAW Division if he has equipment that gives him an unfair advantage in the division he signed up for. If I was shooting my 9mm 1911 in CDP, they would move me to ESP.

Its an easy fix. Just tell the MD that he needs to be moved to Outlaw because of his equipment.

Randy

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would not give any warning at all, it is not fair to the shooters that are in compliance! It is absolutely unfair to allow him to compete with a real or percieved advantage, after all the other shooters paid a entry fee to shoot for score in a sanctioned event.

I would however allow him to shoot for no score or outlaw class. I would also explain to him why and what was required so that he would have the oppotunity to be compliant before the next match.

Seems like to me that everyone worries about being "PC" and hurting someones feelings than following the rules.

Mildot