Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Saiga mag pouch

apriav

Call R & R racing. Robert has some metal clips that stick to the mags and you can loop them around your belt to hold the mags. I looked at a mag pouch, but it seems to hold the mag way too high.

I think others use vest and other pouches that may work well too.

Blade tech makes some...mag pouches. They placed the shells facing fwd however.....You can remedy this with a heat gun.

They did indeed do that.

Blade tech also makes a great thigh rig and I see no reason you could not get one with the AR 15 mag holders replaced by sagia holders. I have not used one for shotgun but if I was going to run a saiga in open, this is likely what I would do.

I have also seen a velco chest piece you wear. The mags have a piece of the male loops attached to the magazine and the female loops are on the chest. Dean of Doctor Optic uses this and builds a rig. IMO you could make your own rather easily.

• 4 weeks later...

I just picked up a s12 to design a california mag lock for it and did some pouches up at the same time since I could not find anything I liked. They are a double pouch with a drop. They sit just right on me and dont ride that high on my side. .Let me know what you think.

DSC02832.jpg

DSC02834.jpg

Testing the saiga,lock and gear out at a local match.

DSC02785.jpg

Was using both surefire clear mags , agp gen 2 along with a factory 5rd mag and all fit tight. Overall happy with how it turned out.

Edited by solar tactical

I just picked up a s12 to design a california mag lock for it and did some pouches up at the same time since I could not find anything I liked. They are a double pouch with a drop. They sit just right on me and dont ride that high on my side. .Let me know what you think.

DSC02832.jpg

DSC02834.jpg

Testing the saiga,lock and gear out at a local match.

DSC02785.jpg

Was using both surefire clear mags , agp gen 2 along with a factory 5rd mag and all fit tight. Overall happy with how it turned out.

For us right handers where do you run your pistol mags?

To have a mag fed shotgun in california it needs a shroud around the release. I was running my pistol mags on my right front. Most of the targets at the match were shotgun something like 95% . Have learned a ton of stuff about the s12 from reading the threads in this shotgun forum.

Edited by solar tactical