Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

ICORE in NC

Open invite to everyone that owns a revolver in NC and Va. Caswell Ranch is doing a great job in getting ICORE here in our area. Dean's range is a great place to shoot and the people are great. Yesterday's Postal Match was a great time, but unfortunately, only a very select few of us were there to enjoy the match. Dean has put alot of work into getting this going for US, the shooters, so maybe WE the shooters could get some more people out for the next match. Yesterday we had one of the top USPSA revolver shooters at the match, and not only is it great to watch a real pro, he's also a nice guy who is always willing to help out those of us less skilled shooters. I hope my subtle sarcasm is hitting a nerve with some of you and you are getting the hint to come out and have some fun and support the sport. If you don't yet own a revolver, let someone know, as I for one would be glad to let you borrow one as I'm sure some of the other shooters would be. No reason for USPSA shooters not to come out and for all you IDPA guys, shooting more than 12 rounds on a stage without a vest on and reloading when and where you want can be fun ( if that got someone mad, oh well, I left the ICORE match and shot IDPA last night and shot IDPA today). This coming weekend lets see more people at the match !!!

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Open invite to everyone that owns a revolver in NC and Va. Caswell Ranch is doing a great job in getting ICORE here in our area. Dean's range is a great place to shoot and the people are great. Yesterday's Postal Match was a great time, but unfortunately, only a very select few of us were there to enjoy the match. Dean has put alot of work into getting this going for US, the shooters, so maybe WE the shooters could get some more people out for the next match. Yesterday we had one of the top USPSA revolver shooters at the match, and not only is it great to watch a real pro, he's also a nice guy who is always willing to help out those of us less skilled shooters. I hope my subtle sarcasm is hitting a nerve with some of you and you are getting the hint to come out and have some fun and support the sport. If you don't yet own a revolver, let someone know, as I for one would be glad to let you borrow one as I'm sure some of the other shooters would be. No reason for USPSA shooters not to come out and for all you IDPA guys, shooting more than 12 rounds on a stage without a vest on and reloading when and where you want can be fun ( if that got someone mad, oh well, I left the ICORE match and shot IDPA last night and shot IDPA today). This coming weekend lets see more people at the match !!!

Get out there everyone. You are lucky to have an ICORE match close by. I think the closest one to me is the IRC....

Thanks Guys,

I'm going to hold the postal match again next Saturday, I think weather and some people being out of town could have made for the light turn out, it is what it is.

So, next Saturday is Postal Match(try again) , Sunday is the monthly ICORE match, lots of run and gun, double Texas Star stage.

Again Thanks for the plug, John don't forget, 45 seconds bud :D

Regards,

DB

One of the problems with this match, for me, is an issue of timing. The Sunday chosen to hold the ICORE match is already taken by one of the old established USPSA matches in NC. Its actually a really nice problem to have in NC, we have so much shooting available that pretty much any day chosen will conflict with something.

• 4 weeks later...

Turnout for USPSA was pretty good yesterday, hope we get a GREAT turnout for ICORE. My new lady friend will be shooting her first match at Caswell this weekend, so guys, bring a wife, girlfriend or whatever out and lets grow the revo population in NC

Edited by John Z Sr

Hey Dean, are you working on some "Amphibious " stages for the match on Sunday?

All I can say is, this weather blows. Match will be what it is, sun should be out on Sunday, new poppers and other toys are ready, I think a prone stage is in order for bay 6.

Regards,

DB

Hey Dean, are you working on some "Amphibious " stages for the match on Sunday?

All I can say is, this weather blows. Match will be what it is, sun should be out on Sunday, new poppers and other toys are ready, I think a prone stage is in order for bay 6.

Regards,

DB

Amen - I'll be there. One of the great things about living in the NC piedmont, is even when the weather sucks, you can still shoot. Besides, I've got all this Gortex gear - why not use it. Will

Het Will, try to bring one more shooter with you if you can, someday we'll have 2 squads !!!! John

Keep pushing John. We finally had two squads the last two ICORE matches in OKC the last two months. You can run twice the shooters in the same amout of time, It just takes me a little longer finagalin the scores so I can finish well in the match. :ph34r: Later rdd

Sounds good, looks like Mr. Buckland is checking us out

Easy big guy.

I glance at the Enquirer headlines while I'm in line at the supermarket, too.

Seriously, I'll do my best to get there for as many matches as my schedule and resources allow.

Thanks to Dean for all his hard work! Revolver shooters are THE hardest working and most dedicated folks I've ever met.

Viva le REVOlution!

Craig

Hi All,

We will need RO's for the ICORE State match and the U.S. Open ICORE National Championship (Oct is way out,I know), please let me know if you would like to work one or both matches, caswellranch@embarqmail.com

Regards,

Dean