Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

ICORE in NC

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I guess that it was destined that I run into a Polish Plate Rack again after the encounter at tha Memphis Charity Challenge. :rolleyes:

I'll tame that contraption yet! <_<

I suggest that you keep those texas stars, as the Polish Plate rack is a bit more time consuming to reset by comparison. The stage has to be pretty quick to allow for it to be shot by squads with decent efficientcy.

Along with the Polish plate rack also ordering that company's winger target, you can blame JZ for pointing out the targets. ;)

NC State ICORE match, got an email that a group of shooters will be shooting the match from Australia, better see a good showing from eastern States, match is just before IRC.

Regards,

Dean

Just an idea for revo shooters, practice for ICORE at Sir Walter USPSA match this Sat. and then practice for USPSA at ICORE match at Caswell Ranch, and on the off weekends, you can always practice getting procedurals at any local IDPA match

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
You are welcome to ride up with us, will be laeving early so Dean can look at one of my revos

I tried to reply to your pm but must have done something wrong. I'll see you there. What's a normal round count for an ICORE stage?

Joe

Lets have a good turnout for ICORE this weekend!!!!!

I made the drive over to Caswell Ranch and the trip was well worth it!! Nice stages. Even found a new type of paster. The "Mike Paster" They are used for those wonderful times when targets are hidden in plain sight!

Thanks to guys for a fun match. :cheers:

Dwight

Why stop at the "Mike Paster" insinuation, just tell em all it was me, walked, or ran right by it , the best 15 seconds you can get in a ICORE match. Thanks for shooting with us and hope to see you and Dwight 2 at the next one, Nick as well, we have extra revos for you to borrow

If all the ICORE shooters come out to the IDPA match on Sunday, we can make all our mistakes at only 3 seconds each, and not screw up at 5 seconds each at ICORE, 2 mikes and a fail in ICORE, now that's a REAL penalty, thank you Dean,,,, P.S. the "MIKE" pasters have been ordered

Hi guys! I'm breaking my way into the ICORE forum, but thought maybe it was time since I am actually now the only female NC ICORE member (thanks to JohnZ) = >

Dean: just want to say Caswell Ranch is a great place, everything you & Beverly have done looks wonderful, and I'm thankful to be able to enjoy spending time there on a Saturday or Sunday. Hope more folks will decide to come out in future to take advantage of the facilities and the company and shooting ICORE/revolver! Being a novice shooter and only several months enrolled in the "JZSr School of Shooting" (love the extra credit and homework...) obviously everything about this sport is new to me, but I thoroughly appreciate the stages at Dean's because they are challenging but also fun.

To all the new people I've met in recent months at matches: thanks for any and all help, advice, encouragement, etc. I appreciate it; it fuels my enthusiasm and desire to keep at it! I know I've got a long way to go to get where I'd like to be with running stages, accuracy, speed, reloads, and so on, but everyone has been really patient and guys - that does mean a lot to me.

John: if not for you I'd probably never have gotten a chance to do any of this. Thanks for everything, you're my hero :D

Melinda,

Thanks for the kind words about the Ranch, I don't know about that JZSr school of shooting stuff :), JZ should stand for "looks for stands" :P . Glad your having a good time, now we have to get you shooting Rimfire Steel the carry over to the other sports is great, hand eye coordination, transition speed and the price of ammo is good.

Regards,

Dean

Edited by CRDB

• 4 weeks later...

You will have FUN Joe, no cover, no concealment, reload when and where you want to, shoot 'em fast or slow, and procedurals are REAL hard to get, not like in that other pistol,game, and oh yeah, no stupid fake dummies to place behind interpretive cover (sorry, had to get that off my chest). Dean, we will have another new ICORE shooter joining us on Saturday, someday we WILL have 2 squads