Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

shopping for loads for 9mm 125gr. lead bullets

1frontsite

i am a newbie to this forum and competitive shooting. i was shooting 9mm 147gr bullets from Precision Delta over 3.6gr of TG but PD says they will not be making anymore 147's this year so i've had to change bullets. a GM i shoot with told me to start shooting lead so i bought a Lone Wolf barrel for my G34. does anybody have a recipe for 125gr lead bullets. all of our shooting is done outside. i'm not sure what the deal with PD is since we had 10K rounds ordered from them. i would like to know powder to try, powder weight, and OAL. thanks in advance for any advice.

p.s. - reloading with Dillon 550

I just changed toolheads on my press and am starting to load 9mm for the first time in two years.

I am going to load up some 125gr. Lead bullets at minor power factor for my M&P 9pro. I am going to use AA Solo 1000 first. I also have some WST I may use. Titegroup is a good powder for 9 but smokey with lead. I have also used 231 in the past but with jacketed.

For OAL, I push the bullet in so it covers the lube ring and then a tiny bit more so the brass can get a good crimp. Also, some brass may be longer or shorter if you are using mixed range brass, so you want to give it a little leeway. I load them as long as I can for feeding and to fit in the magazine.

Randy

I load 125gr LRN by Two Alpha Bullets over 3.5gr of Clays with an OAL of 1.155" and a crimp of 0.376". It makes 130PF out of a G17 with the OEM barrel and 132PF out of a G34 with an LWD barrel.

I still have some Clays left but, once I finish it, I will try some Solo 1000. I have been told that it should take about 4.0gr to make PF but I haven't begun experimenting yet.

4.3 gr Solo 1000, 124 gr lead, 1.135" OAL, from a 4" Steyr M9A1, shot 12 feet from CED M2

March 2009

30 shots

Avg=1053 (sd=13)

Avg PF 130 (low PF 127- Hi PF 133)

June 2009

10 shots

1052 (5)

PF 130 (129-131)

July 2009

10 shots

1056 (9)

PF 131 (129-132)