Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SV Steel Grip and Long Dust Cover

badchad

I’m still exploring ideas for a new gun that I want to shoot in Limited and have be IPSC Standard legal. I did get to feel the new steel gripped 5” SV with a long dust cover at Nationals but never got to shoot one. There was a short dust covered gun with a plastic grip right next to it that “felt” like it weighed half as much but the guy selling them didn’t know what the overall weight was. I liked the feel of the metal grip better but wonder if it might be too heavy or not. I know they are kind of new and not a lot of people have them, so…

Anyone know what the actual weight range we are talking about for a complete pistol with a long dust cover and steel grip? Any comments on overall balance and handling with that setup vs. a short dust cover set up and/or a plastic grip.

I've had Brandon at SV build me two new pistols a couple of months ago.

They are short framed all stainless pistol with SS signature grips. Three sided slide and bull barrel.

They weight 1227 grammes.

The previous pistols I had, the polymer grip Sight tracker long frame with Xcelerator cuts weighed 1110 grammes.

The weight distribution is different, and so far I like the feeling of these pistols.