Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Questions about an Older Limited

Noxspector

Greetings to all.....

I'm a bit new to the Tangfoglio's, but not to shooting. I have shoot a few EAA/Tangfoglio's and CZs over the years, but just never really spent time to learn about them. Apparently I just caught the bug and have been looking for one that might fit my fancy. I am in the process of purchasing this pistol and have some questions. I was hoping that this might be the place for some help.

First off this is the pistol I am purchasing:

DSC03515.jpg

DSC03507.jpg

It's 9mm and has been hard chromed as well as a trigger/trigger work added.

I believe it is an older limited, but the current owner does not know if it's an older smaller frame or if it's new enough to be the larger frame. The owner states that the mags are 15 rounds, but I can't find any reference's to 15 round Witness mags in 9mm. Can someone shed some light on this for me? Is it a smaller frame or larger frame pistol. If it is a smaller frame pistol, are mags readily available for it as well as 22 and 40SW conversion uppers? I'm kind of hoping that it's the smaller frame as they fit my smaller hands much better, but if it's a large frame I can cope with it.

Oh......are there scope mount available for this pattern now?

If anyone can shed some light on it I would appreciate it.

Thanks a head of time.

Nox

It's an older small frame gun, probably early '90s. Should be reliable. I think Mec-Gar still makes small frame mags, CZ 75 mags usually work, too, even though they are slightly different.

Greetings to all.....

I'm a bit new to the Tangfoglio's, but not to shooting. I have shoot a few EAA/Tangfoglio's and CZs over the years, but just never really spent time to learn about them. Apparently I just caught the bug and have been looking for one that might fit my fancy. I am in the process of purchasing this pistol and have some questions. I was hoping that this might be the place for some help.

First off this is the pistol I am purchasing:

DSC03515.jpg

DSC03507.jpg

It's 9mm and has been hard chromed as well as a trigger/trigger work added.

I believe it is an older limited, but the current owner does not know if it's an older smaller frame or if it's new enough to be the larger frame. The owner states that the mags are 15 rounds, but I can't find any reference's to 15 round Witness mags in 9mm. Can someone shed some light on this for me? Is it a smaller frame or larger frame pistol. If it is a smaller frame pistol, are mags readily available for it as well as 22 and 40SW conversion uppers? I'm kind of hoping that it's the smaller frame as they fit my smaller hands much better, but if it's a large frame I can cope with it.

Oh......are there scope mount available for this pattern now?

If anyone can shed some light on it I would appreciate it.

Thanks a head of time.

Nox

Since it's in 9mm might not be the best thing for limited but I like that gun. Definitely looks like a small frame. the large frame 9mm mags have indentions on the sides. The small frame mags are easy to find. Mags for the Baby Eagles are the same. The flat trigger on that thing looks great.

Since it's in 9mm might not be the best thing for limited but I like that gun. Definitely looks like a small frame. the large frame 9mm mags have indentions on the sides. The small frame mags are easy to find. Mags for the Baby Eagles are the same. The flat trigger on that thing looks great.

Thanks guys for the quick replys. If and when I compete right now it's in stock and I have a XD40 geared up for that. I'm just getting into the Tangfoglios and I'm sure that this one won't be the last. I am picking this up just to have to shoot. I also shoot Speed Steel and it might be used for that.

Can you still get 22 uppers and mags for these? Anyone know where?

ETA: Now if I can spell correctly when it's late that might be nice..... shot not shoot in my first posting. Duh!

Edited by Noxspector

you can get everything for this gun, including a scope mount magwells you name it, I am not sure if there is any other source for it than Henning in the US. EAA currently just import large frame guns.

write me a PM if you have questions, I have a gun just like it. :)

you can get everything for this gun, including a scope mount magwells you name it, I am not sure if there is any other source for it than Henning in the US. EAA currently just import large frame guns.

write me a PM if you have questions, I have a gun just like it. :)

I just spoke to Henning and picked up a few magazines for the pistol. I'd like to say thanks to him for spending some time on the phone to chat with me. He suggested talking to EAA about the 22 and 40 uppers, but I think I'll be out of luck on finding those from EAA here in the states. I just received the pistol yesterday and I must say that if it shoots half as nice as how it looks I'll be very happy. The photos don't do it justice. My next step is to get some trigger time with it now as I seem to be in a vicious cycle of working hard so I can afford these things, but never finding time to enjoy them.

The next goal is finding a 40 and 22 upper for it. I might need to hit you up for that olp73.

I'll add a few photos after a take some. I think I'm hooked on these Tangfoglios. Even if I miss the targets I'll be doing it with style.

Nox

I just got in some mags from Henning's..... great service and letting me chew his ear off for a while. I also Spoke with EAA and it looks like I'll soon have my 22 upper for it as well as maybe a 40SW upper. EAA said that the 22 upper needed to be worked on to function properly. Is this more to do with the rails or fitting for feeding properly? I also will be sending in the upper for the new firing pin recall in the next few weeks. I need some trigger time with it first. Henning also suggested that the 22 mags are sometime finiky........ any one elaborate?

Also I wanted to pass on some photos I took of the pistol............. it's kind of purrrrtty.

NoxEAALimited9-001.jpg

NoxEAALimited9-002.jpg

Also since I'm new to this forum here's a video of other firearm passions in my life....... and yes I'm a big guy.

The Youtube Channel

Thanks for all the help guys!

Nox

• 4 weeks later...