Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Official "US Production Challenge" match announcement

Steve, sorry to hear about the cancelation. If you can swing it you should try again. The date conflict with Nationals really messed your match over, but given another clean shot you can do it. You had incredible interest before the date snafu.

i agree. for most people this match would be pretty costly (flight, hotel, car)...so one week after nationals makes it really difficult. with better timing, i would definitely attend.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Steve, sorry to hear about the cancelation. If you can swing it you should try again. The date conflict with Nationals really messed your match over, but given another clean shot you can do it. You had incredible interest before the date snafu.

i agree. for most people this match would be pretty costly (flight, hotel, car)...so one week after nationals makes it really difficult. with better timing, i would definitely attend.

2011, 2011, 2011!!!

Steve,

Sad to hear about the cancellation. I appreciate the effort & idea that you have put forth - hope that you can keep it viable. I was planning to make this match my "nationals replacement".

Hopefully you can find a timeframe that won't conflict with Nationals, etc.

For USPSA, here's an idea - set the Major event schedule far enough in advance that someone who is willing to put forward this type of effort & risk doesn't "take it in the shorts" for our lack of not having a longer term plan in place.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Make it in early November and set the match fee as per a typical sectional match. After all it's just production.

I'm going to assume this was said "tongue in cheek". It was going to be a big, high round count, high stage match with great prizes to boot. Way more than a "sectional" match. Navy Steve put lots of work into this thing & I'm sure a fair amount of cash as well. Just to use the USSA range was a big fee. If not for getting run over by late scheduling of the Nationals, I'm sure the match would have filled up.

Since you are new here, may I suggest you take a look at the smiley faces & pick one or two so you don't sound like you are talking down to folks when you post something like that?

MLM