Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Official "US Production Challenge" match announcement

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think that USPSA tried to hurt me I talked with Mike Voigt today and he said there was a conflict with the Australian Bianchi Cup. He tried his best to set a good match date. I understand how hard it must be for him and the other members to set and put on Nationals every year. I should have waited I assumed that Nationals would be in Sept and I made a "......" well you know, this is my fault.

I can tell you I now have a renewed commitment to put on a great match if one person shows up or 500 people show up. I'm talking with USSA and I'm going to have side matches and great food and the awards.

I just want to thank everyone that called me today for there support

I will go with the dates that you choose. I will close the poll on Feb 1st and I will extend the stage design challenge until March 1st. (Now I really want to see some off the wall creative stages)

I'm sure if USPSA announced their date early, everyone else would schedule around them. I would like to say much more, but will refrain. I am curious how many people attending the USPSA nationals also plan to attend the Australian Bianchi Cup.

I'll be at Tulsa whenever you hold the match, even if it's the 3rd weekend in October.

I vote for the 17-19. The Adams Arms Ozark 3 Gun match is the following weekend.

+1.

There are a lot of OK, AR, KS & MO 3 gunners including myself that will be attending the Adams Arms 3 gun match because it's the closest major 3 gun match to us. I'd hate to have to miss this match as I expect it is gonna be a top 3 match of the year but 3 gun matches are few and far between so I'd have to go with 3 gun.

I am curious how many people attending the USPSA nationals also plan to attend the Australian Bianchi Cup.

This is from last year and these are just the names I am used to seeing, there are probably more that I do't know.

BRUCE PIATT PHILLIP STRADER

DOUG KOENIG JERRY MICULEK

MICHAEL VOIGT JESSIE ABBATE

ROBERT LEATHAM DAVE SEVIGNY

DON GOLEMBIESKI RANDI ROGERS

JASON KOON B.J. NORRIS

JULIE GOLOB

I'm typical of everyone else. I have my opinion of scheduling OUR Nationals around so the pros can go shoot SOMEONE ELSE's sport but I'll keep it to myself I guess. Bottom line is there are only 52 weekends in a year, you can't shoot everything, sometimes you have to pick. Seriously, if you were going to say, an Area match and 3 weeks before, you found out all the GM's pulled out wouldn't you still go? I say "What the hell, keep the same dates and give the common man a chance to win some money" Stages are still the same, what's the difference. Have fun, shootem' up, that's what we Am's are there for isn't it?

I am curious how many people attending the USPSA nationals also plan to attend the Australian Bianchi Cup.

This is from last year and these are just the names I am used to seeing, there are probably more that I do't know.

BRUCE PIATT PHILLIP STRADER

DOUG KOENIG JERRY MICULEK

MICHAEL VOIGT JESSIE ABBATE

ROBERT LEATHAM DAVE SEVIGNY

DON GOLEMBIESKI RANDI ROGERS

JASON KOON B.J. NORRIS

JULIE GOLOB

I'm typical of everyone else. I have my opinion of scheduling OUR Nationals around so the pros can go shoot SOMEONE ELSE's sport but I'll keep it to myself I guess. Bottom line is there are only 52 weekends in a year, you can't shoot everything, sometimes you have to pick. Seriously, if you were going to say, an Area match and 3 weeks before, you found out all the GM's pulled out wouldn't you still go? I say "What the hell, keep the same dates and give the common man a chance to win some money" Stages are still the same, what's the difference. Have fun, shootem' up, that's what we Am's are there for isn't it?

I understand what you are saying. I love USPSA. This is a great sport, and I am a gamer as A LOT of people know. I don't think it would good for anyone if I tried to compete with Nationals. I think there would be a lot of people upset if I did not try to get S&W or Glock to sponsor the match. A lot of the names you put up there are names that bring in support to a match. I can tell you that the major company's will not send there shooters to two places at once. I personally would like to have the best at my match I would like to see all of those people compete against each other in the same division.

I hate to quote a wrestler but "To Be the Best you have to Beat the Best."

Now with that said I'm going to quote Phil Strader "Shooter classed C-A make up the majority of the match." I'm one of these shooters. They would like to see some prizes on the table.

I guess what I'm getting at is both the Am's and the Pro's depend on each other, like it or not.

Crap now I'm rambling. I would love to talk about this but I don't think public is the best place. PM me if you like or send me an e-mail.

Humbly

Stephen R Hogg Jr

These past days have been tough. To keep everyone informed I just spoke Mike Seeklander at USSA and there is a large match that is going to be held on Sept 24. Now the problem is that the match director for that match has the range starting the 18 of Sept for set-up.

There is plenty of space at USSA any other time. But I don't want to step on other peoples matches. However I now might only have one option left.

This is only a shot in the dark and USSA is trying to work with me for me but OCT 22-24 the weekend after Nationals. This is not set AT ALL.

I will keep you informed.

Humbly

Stephen R Hogg Jr.

These past days have been tough. To keep everyone informed I just spoke Mike Seeklander at USSA and there is a large match that is going to be held on Sept 24. Now the problem is that the match director for that match has the range starting the 18 of Sept for set-up.

There is plenty of space at USSA any other time. But I don't want to step on other peoples matches. However I now might only have one option left.

This is only a shot in the dark and USSA is trying to work with me for me but OCT 22-24 the weekend after Nationals. This is not set AT ALL.

I will keep you informed.

Humbly

Stephen R Hogg Jr.

That date works for me. Actually November is a really open month on the match schedule as well but the cold can get you then.

Well after a week of running around and putting out fires, I have good news and some bad news.

So the bad news first: Because of the change to the match The Radisson Hotel will not be able to support the match as the match hotel. However the Radisson has been great and the people there are great to work with.

Now the good news: As you know I had the poll closed early due to a large event going on in Sept at USSA. However I have found a date for the match IF nothing else happens the match will be Oct 22-24 2010. I'm at the Shot Show until Friday and next week I will go to USSA to sign the new contract. I will be calling everyone to talk about the change to the dates

Yes I know that is one week after Nationals.

I will post the as soon as I sign the contract.

Stephen R Hogg Jr.

Well after a week of running around and putting out fires, I have good news and some bad news.

So the bad news first: Because of the change to the match The Radisson Hotel will not be able to support the match as the match hotel. However the Radisson has been great and the people there are great to work with.

Now the good news: As you know I had the poll closed early due to a large event going on in Sept at USSA. However I have found a date for the match IF nothing else happens the match will be Oct 22-24 2010. I'm at the Shot Show until Friday and next week I will go to USSA to sign the new contract. I will be calling everyone to talk about the change to the dates

Yes I know that is one week after Nationals.

I will post the as soon as I sign the contract.

Stephen R Hogg Jr.

That sounds great to me!

Steve, It is very easy to es how frustrating this must be for you. with all the work that you have to put into doing something like this. I am sure this will be a great match and apps are on the way.

I just want to put on a great match. If I can make it as good as (Double Tap, Florida Open, Pro-AM) it will be worth it. Plus I know this sounds crazy but every time something goes wrong I just get more and more motivated to give you a better match.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ok! I have got all the stages put into one format(something I will have to change for next year). I have given them all to my computer guy and he is putting them up on the web page now. I have NOT posted the Course Designer names on the web page to keep voting at the match fair. There are all good stages that I can't wait to shoot.

Stephen R Hogg Jr

PS.IF you see something that did not get posted right on a stage that you sent. PM me or E-mail me ASAP.

Ok! I have got all the stages put into one format(something I will have to change for next year). I have given them all to my computer guy and he is putting them up on the web page now. I have NOT posted the Course Designer names on the web page to keep voting at the match fair. There are all good stages that I can't wait to shoot.

Stephen R Hogg Jr

PS.IF you see something that did not get posted right on a stage that you sent. PM me or E-mail me ASAP.

Application mailed today.

Looks like I will need to find one of my shooting budies that will loan me a Production set up for the match and so I can get some practice lining up them silly lil bumpy things on top of y'alls guns. I knew there was a reason I shoot Open. ROFL This should be one heck of a fun match.

Joe W.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...