Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Official "US Production Challenge" match announcement

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I talked to steve today. The match is still on, thank God! We need to start recruiting so we can fill this thing and get all of the contingency sponsors off their couches and support what could be the future Production Nationals.

I'm going to be ROing and doing everything I can to make this the biggest and baddest production match in the country.

Edited by jtischauser

It would help if Steve could update the website and the USPSA Match Squadding. A lot of the Minnesota Production Shooters are watching those to help them decide. I will pass on the word that the match is still on, but you know that people will want to see things with their own eyes by checking the website.

It would help if Steve could update the website and the USPSA Match Squadding. A lot of the Minnesota Production Shooters are watching those to help them decide. I will pass on the word that the match is still on, but you know that people will want to see things with their own eyes by checking the website.

He said an update will happen sometime here and/or on the website today. The USPSA self squadding is definately not working correctly.

It is a bummer that the website hasn't been updated since last years match date announcement. I need to think about flights, hotels, etc. OK isn't my normal vacation destination if you know what I mean.

The webisite has a June update....

my bad. I thought that top of the page would have the newest update. Are the stages on the stage page from this year or last year? It just seems that a match of this caliber or that is attempting to be a match of this caliber should be updated, official, easy to understand and people shouldn't have to question if a match with a $200+ entry fee is happening as scheduled.

my bad. I thought that top of the page would have the newest update. Are the stages on the stage page from this year or last year? It just seems that a match of this caliber or that is attempting to be a match of this caliber should be updated, official, easy to understand and people shouldn't have to question if a match with a $200+ entry fee is happening as scheduled.

No problem.

The stages are for this year. This is the 1st annual Production Championship. I agree that the website is a little confusing and frustrating, but this is a new match and its my understanding that this is Steves first match of this size to produce.

Im sure that info will be forthcoming and web updates will happen soon. I also believe that this will be an awesome match and one that will be long lived.

Ill be there as an RO and I hope to see lots of my BE friends there!

No problem.

The stages are for this year. This is the 1st annual Production Championship. I agree that the website is a little confusing and frustrating, but this is a new match and its my understanding that this is Steves first match of this size to produce.

Im sure that info will be forthcoming and web updates will happen soon. I also believe that this will be an awesome match and one that will be long lived.

Ill be there as an RO and I hope to see lots of my BE friends there!

Oh, I didn't realize this was the 1st year! That actually makes everything make more sense. Thanks for clearing it up.

Yeah I'm suprised Steve hasn't made an update yet. He did tell me when we spoke briefly on Thursday that something has changed with the individual that was doing his web stuff and that a new man was going to be on the job soon. I'm sure that is a big part of the lack of info.

Sending in this apps sooner rather than later helps us all out. A lot of sponsors support for the match is contingent upon how many apps are in hand. A full match means a full prize table:)

Yeah I'm suprised Steve hasn't made an update yet. He did tell me when we spoke briefly on Thursday that something has changed with the individual that was doing his web stuff and that a new man was going to be on the job soon. I'm sure that is a big part of the lack of info.

Sending in this apps sooner rather than later helps us all out. A lot of sponsors support for the match is contingent upon how many apps are in hand. A full match means a full prize table:)

Webpage issues or not, he could keep a simple update on this forum in the meantime. Such as

match is going on as planned, self squadding is messed up on USPSA end, keep sending apps, there

are 120 entries so far....etc. It would end speculation about what is going on. Just my thought.

Craig

Webpage issues or not, he could keep a simple update on this forum in the meantime. Such as

match is going on as planned, self squadding is messed up on USPSA end, keep sending apps, there

are 120 entries so far....etc. It would end speculation about what is going on. Just my thought.

Craig

An excellent point Craig. With my match fee already in along with ammo, hotel and meals, travel, car rental and any other little things that come along I'm already into this match for $1,000.00. Updates were all over this forum when this match was first being put together and then nothing. I, and probably alot of other shooters, would just like to be kept up on how the match is progressing, problems, etc... If I have to cancel all my arrangements I need to do it within a certain time frame in order to avoid cancellation fees and losing deposits.

Edited by alpha-charlie

Craig

An excellent point Craig. With my match fee already in along with ammo, hotel and meals, travel, car rental and any other little things that come along I'm already into this match for $1,000.00. Updates were all over this forum when this match was first being put together and then nothing. I, and probably alot of other shooters, would just like to be kept up on how the match is progressing, problems, etc... If I have to cancel all my arrangements I need to do it within a certain time frame in order to avoid cancellation fees and losing deposits.

I completely agree with you guys.

I understand your comments and I am sorry about the lack of updates. For the month of August I have debated with my financial advisors about this match. During June and July I was giving more refunds than match fees I was taking in. I have debated time and time again to simply pay all the fees myself and put on the match. However I do not believe doing so would benefit anyone. As on September first there is just less than 100 people signed up to compete. One of the goals was to put on a large match that was to be challenging. I have failed everyone that has put so much time and effort in to this.

I have no choice but to cancel the match.

If you are a person that has a entry fee in I will have all the checks in the mail no later than Wednesday the 8th and if any address information has changed please send an e-mail to srhoggjr@yahoo.com

sincerely

Stephen Hogg Jr.

I understand your comments and I am sorry about the lack of updates. For the month of August I have debated with my financial advisors about this match. During June and July I was giving more refunds than match fees I was taking in. I have debated time and time again to simply pay all the fees myself and put on the match. However I do not believe doing so would benefit anyone. As on September first there is just less than 100 people signed up to compete. One of the goals was to put on a large match that was to be challenging. I have failed everyone that has put so much time and effort in to this.

I have no choice but to cancel the match.

If you are a person that has a entry fee in I will have all the checks in the mail no later than Wednesday the 8th and if any address information has changed please send an e-mail to srhoggjr@yahoo.com

sincerely

Stephen Hogg Jr.

Oh man, that's a real bummer!!!

Steve, sorry to hear about the cancelation. If you can swing it you should try again. The date conflict with Nationals really messed your match over, but given another clean shot you can do it. You had incredible interest before the date snafu.

Terry

Edited by tohlmann

Steve,

Sorry to hear about the cancelation... I know that you have invested lots of time and energy towards making it a great match.. There is always next year.... I was looking forward to shooting and working the match... You might think about going to the USPSA site and posting the match cancelation. If you haven't already done that..

Joe