Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Question for the experts re Witness models

wbw

Hello all, new guy here. I just purchased a used Witness Match in 9mm. It's at the gun shop until my 7 day waiting priod is over (Maryland resident, unfortunately). I'm trying to figure out if I have an Elite Match.

I bought the gun from an online auction site. It was listed there as a Witness Elite Match. When I went to my local gun shop today to see it, I don't see the word 'Elite' anywhere. The bar code tag said Witness Match. Can you folks tell by my serial number when this gun was produced and if it is inded an Elite? The serial number is like EA451**.

I noticed that the SKU number is 600660 which seems to match the model number on EAA's website for an Elite. I'm feeling fairly confidant that this is an Elite but would like confirmation since I was supposed to be buying an Elite. I'm assuming that the Elite is slightly better than the non-Elite Match models.

Or am I all screwed up. Is a 'Match', always an 'Elite Match'?

Thanks for any help you guys can give me.

Edited by wbw

Hello all, new guy here. I just purchased a used Witness Match in 9mm. It's at the gun shop until my 7 day waiting priod is over (Maryland resident, unfortunately). I'm trying to figure out if I have an Elite Match.

I bought the gun from an online auction site. It was listed there as a Witness Elite Match. When I went to my local gun shop today to see it, I don't see the word 'Elite' anywhere. The bar code tag said Witness Match. Can you folks tell by my serial number when this gun was produced and if it is inded an Elite? The serial number is like EA451**.

I noticed that the SKU number is 600660 which seems to match the model number on EAA's website for an Elite. I'm feeling fairly confidant that this is an Elite but would like confirmation since I was supposed to be buying an Elite. I'm assuming that the Elite is slightly better than the non-Elite Match models.

I am 99% sure that if it is a Match, it is part of the Elite series. Now you can go to Henning's site and start buying hundreds of dollars of fire control parts, sights, and magazines. I am envious, I had a lot of fun tricking mine out to a 2# sweet trigger....

The model is Witness Match not Witness Elite Match. If you look at EAA's website, the Match, Limited, Gold Team, etc. are under the Elite Series. I don't have a Match, but my Limited and Gold Team don't say Elite anywhere.

Enjoy your new toy, They are great guns.

I think the difference is the frame. The Match frame is essentially the same as what is used for the Witness steel line. Absolutely nothing wrong with a match though. I think, for the money, it's one of the best deals out there. You can buy awesome upgrades from Henning. Canyon Creek does great things with Matches also.

Thanks everyone. I feel better. Now I'm looking forward to getting my hands on it and getting to the range. I've read so many good things about these guns.

Don't forget to check out Hennings webstore and sight. Lots of free Tech advice and tons of cool stuff to help personalize your Tanfoglio/EAA.

I picked up a wittness match 40 cal about a year and a half ago for around $450. The match is a solid firearm. And yes, all the Matches are in the Elite series.

The Witness Match is an awsome IDPA ESP gun and best of all you can really trick it out.

I'm the OP with an update to this thread. I emailed EAA and asked them about my gun by serial number. I was told that it was imported in May of '09. I'm satisfied that it's a fairly new gun and in the Elite series. So I'm cool. :cheers: