Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Calling the cops on the neighbors

Sarge

Actually not next door neighbors but just up the hill. Their dogs are pretty much always a PITA as far as barking goes. Last night started barking at 7pm. At 10 I went to the folks to ask them to please quiet the dogs. No answer. I called the cops and they got no answer. He must have called SPCA because a van pulled up at about 1130 and all was quiet after that. And it is quiet tonight as well. I hated to do it but 3+ hours of continuous barking is about all I can take.

Our old next door neighbors used to have 3 outdoor labs that barked all day and night when they would go out of town. I know you pain.

One thing we found that worked well was a cheapo sports horn. The air horn sound startled the dogs and they would be quite for several hours.

Our old next door neighbors used to have 3 outdoor labs that barked all day and night when they would go out of town. I know you pain.

One thing we found that worked well was a cheapo sports horn. The air horn sound startled the dogs and they would be quite for several hours.

Hmmm. I have one of those in the garage.

I dont have barking issues but I occasionally have loose dog issues, I have handled it several ways:

1. If I catch the dog I hold it ransom for $100, they don't wanna pay I take it to the pound and they can pay the pound,

2. I have mailed a copy of VA state law which states I have every right to shoot it on sight if it is in an area normally used by my livestock, (This one was the best I actually had a neighbor seriously tell me I should put up a better fence to keep HIS dog off my land)

3. Sadly for the dog who has piss poor owners I have shot a number.

I dont have barking issues but I occasionally have loose dog issues, I have handled it several ways:

1. If I catch the dog I hold it ransom for $100, they don't wanna pay I take it to the pound and they can pay the pound,

2. I have mailed a copy of VA state law which states I have every right to shoot it on sight if it is in an area normally used by my livestock, (This one was the best I actually had a neighbor seriously tell me I should put up a better fence to keep HIS dog off my land)

I lived in Town my neighbor had 12 little yappers,,, after a month, I was just about to call someone!

When CPS Came took this woman’s children, she and the Dogs were gone that day!

Now I live out in the boonies,

People drop off Dogs all the time. We kept two of them. But we can’t keep them all.

We too have livestock. And if these Dogs chase the livestock, that seals their fate.

People are the problem,

They do have the anti barking shock callers. Some people don’t like them, but they work.

Jim M ammo

I know how hard it is to have to shoot your neighbors dog just because they are too stupid or arrogant to control their dog. I had to kill my pastors dog when I was in highschool because he refused to keep his dog controlled for the 2 hours I needed to water my cattle. He called the Sherrif on me and was promptly told that he should have let me water my cattle. :angry2:

"...We nearly stole....err, adopted, our neighbors dog who they totally neglected...such a sweet boy with stupid people!"
I don't know about the animal laws in your state/county, but animal neglect/abuse is not tolerated in the least HERE. We bust people all the time for this. It's really awful how people just let animals deteriorate and become sick, helpless cripples or worse. It's the people, as M_ammo said, not the animals. :angry2::angry2: