Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Strong mount dimensions

I'm building a reloading bench and want to reinforce the underside where the strong mount for my 550 is going to go. Can anyone tell me how wide apart the mounting bolts are when looking at the front of the press? Also what type of hardware comes with the 550/strong mount for mounting? Most importantly: how long are the bolts?

Thanks!

And I might recommend the following as it strengthened mine a ton. I put down two layers of 3/4" Oak plywood over a 2x4 frame that is bolted to a wall on three sides. I double banded along the front then put two 2x4's sandwiched together the entire length of the bench right under the rear mounting holes for the strong mount. I just bought some lag screws and washers 3" long. Solid as a rock! :cheers:

PS To finish up the front edge I faced it with a piece of 1x6 oak and left the top edge about 1/8th" high to catch any loose primers, bullets, brass, etc..

And I might recommend the following as it strengthened mine a ton. I put down two layers of 3/4" Oak plywood over a 2x4 frame that is bolted to a wall on three sides. I double banded along the front then put two 2x4's sandwiched together the entire length of the bench right under the rear mounting holes for the strong mount. I just bought some lag screws and washers 3" long. Solid as a rock! :cheers:

PS To finish up the front edge I faced it with a piece of 1x6 oak and left the top edge about 1/8th" high to catch any loose primers, bullets, brass, etc..

Yes.

Rule of thumb: You cannot make a reloading bench too strong/stable.

be