Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Revisiting the 45 ACP NT

Bubber

A fellow shooter and I were discussing the 45 gap brass as he wanted to try some out. The reason he was looking at the 45 gap was to get a small pistol primer pocket so he did not have to get two sizes fo primers. I remembered a discussion on the forum about the NT (Non Toxic) brass. I did a search but sould not find a source for purchasing the brass. So where does one go to get the 45 NT brass? Depending on the cost and availability will determine if he wants to try the idea out. Thanx in Advance. Later rdd

A fellow shooter and I were discussing the 45 gap brass as he wanted to try some out. The reason he was looking at the 45 gap was to get a small pistol primer pocket so he did not have to get two sizes fo primers. I remembered a discussion on the forum about the NT (Non Toxic) brass. I did a search but sould not find a source for purchasing the brass. So where does one go to get the 45 NT brass? Depending on the cost and availability will determine if he wants to try the idea out. Thanx in Advance. Later rdd

A lot of police departments that have indoor ranges are going to "NT" non toxic (or less toxic I guess) primed ammunition. From what I've seen, Federal NT and Winchester's WinClean in 45 ACP, use small pistol primers. Both have NT on the their headstamp. I've recently seen Speer 45 ACP with small primers too, but there is no "NT" markings on the case. Post in the classifieds. I'm sure there is somebody getting brass from police ranges.

Seiichi

A lot of police departments that have indoor ranges are going to "NT" non toxic (or less toxic I guess) primed ammunition. From what I've seen, Federal NT and Winchester's WinClean in 45 ACP, use small pistol primers. Both have NT on the their headstamp. I've recently seen Speer 45 ACP with small primers too, but there is no "NT" markings on the case. Post in the classifieds. I'm sure there is somebody getting brass from police ranges.

Seiichi

I sold all my NT Brass as scrap. I was not willing to process the primer pockets by swaging every piece of brass. Too time consuming.

I have a flat rate box of GAP both new and once fired I will sell for $150 shipped if he wants it. There is at least 1500 pieces with about 800 to 900 as new Starline

I have picked up some range brass... 9mm... not .45... that was marked NT. I found that it locked up my priming system because the standard Small Pistol primers were larger than the NT primers. I suspect that NT loads also use a different primer (Non Toxic) than standard loads, and it is a slightly different size. If I was going to make a lot buy on NT brass I would call the maker and find out if standard Samll Pistol primers would work. My experience is that they don't. I now toss every NT head stamp brass I pick up.

Chris Christian

Bubber,

Check your PM mailbox.

Craig

Yep I hit the reply button but My computer does what it wants to. I'll try to shoot you an e-mail also one is bound to make it. Thanx rdd