Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

N320 with 200 gr. Montana Gold

Pezco

Is anyone using this combination and where did you land with the powder charge. I am at the VV book max of 5.4 grs. and I'm only at 148 PF!

I am shooting a 5" Wilson CQB, 0.469 crimp and 1.25 OAL.

Any help is recommended.

Thanks!

I tried 5.8 today, chrononed avg of 813. Going to bump it up to 5.9.

Wolf primers, two five shot strings. Not a lot, but the last time I chronoed 5.9, it was a little higher than I wanted. We'll see what happens. I didn't use Wolf primers last time, so that may be the change.

If I get out tomorrow, I'll post the results.

5.9 did it. 850 average for 10 shots.

BTW, also check a 5.2 N320 load with Laser Cast, same results, 850 avg 10 shots.

Guess I will stick with those.

The Laser Cast shot a 3-4 inch group off the bench (just the butt of the gun on the bench) at 50 yards. Pretty impressive. Gun is a S&W Performance Center 1911.

• 3 weeks later...

I was using 5.4 grs under a 200 gr Rainer in my Wilson CQB and made 168ish. Last week I thought I should check it thru my STI Sentinel since I was heading to IDPA Natls. To my surprise it barely made minor. Quickly back to the press, try 5.6, 5.8, 5.9 and could not make 170 avg. Went to 6.0 and wound up at 180 to 182. My STI doesn't like this combination so I'm going to try 230gr with N310 or Clays. It was fun shooting the match way over power factor.

Well, at 6.0g N320 and 200 gr. MG = 168PF out of my Wilson CQB Elite. Nice soft reliable load!

I'm going to try N340 because there seems to be a ton of empty case space using the N320. So much for using the same powder for everything.