Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

White Box 9mm

Suches

If we figured our time into reloading then we would all be losing money. I have always reloaded 9mm. My wife shoots IDPA and IPSC with me. I started her out with a G34 and white box ammo. We changed to Blazers @ $3.90 per box and liked them a little better than the WB.

I started reloading for her about a month ago using my 147 gr. plated bullet load. There is a dramatic difference in recoil levels between WB/Blazer and the 147 gr. load I use. Her scores have improved greatly. Her G34 shoots like a .22. Of course a 9mm does not recoil much anyway, but every little bit helps.

9mm reloads cost me about $50m. If I changed to lead bullets the cost would drop to about $40m.

I have had no problems with white box 9mm.

But, my son showed me some of his white box 40's that had funny little rings around about 50% of the brass in one box, not real serious from a safety standpoint, but that brass stayed on the range floor. This is a rare occurence for me to ever leave once fired brass lay where it falls.

Oh yeah, it does smoke a little much too.

Travis F.

"I get Blazer 115 gr for $3.99 a box, and just saw today the Yellow Box Remington 115 FMJ for $49.95 per 500 (or less than $100 per 1000)."

Yeah, we have heard this one for over a year - don't get your hopes up. Its one store located in the deep south called "academy sports" or something & no, they won't mail you any Blazer - I looked it up on the internet once & called the store; they welcomed me to stop by in person anytime. That price on Blazer is just some promotional deal they have for locals.

Bottom line - Blazer in reality costs $4.89 per box of 50 from Natchez (plus shipping) to the net effect of where its right around the magic $5/box delivered.

Another bargain source for 115 (w/ boxer brass) is the new "Remington Mega Pak" of 1k for about $109 plus shipping from www.outdoormarksman.com Reliable company & they use FedEx not UPS - a plus in my book. Still, its crappy 115 & not the 147 load you want.

As for Win whitebox, I have noticed the weird rust collored ring on some brass. Must have been 2nds or something.

As for 9mm reloads, I am w/ French on this; along w/ hitech redneck I load 147s over V V N310 (don't look in the book for this load!!) for a minor load that is much better than factory 115. Haven't tried it? Try it 1st & compare; we have. You can do almost as well with Titegroup under 147s and still have a load that is in the books as safe. Regards, C.

You hit the nail on the head, Academy Sports in the Dallas / Fort Worth Area has the Blazer 9mm for $3.99 a box, and have had for the last couple years.... but I do live in the area, so I guess this promotional deal works out ok for us "locals" ;)

Also, their competition, Oshmans has the same price from time to time, not as consistently.

I currently have a few cases in my garage, in the case the price goes up.... :unsure:

I load the heck out of .40 and .38 Super, so as a time saver for my Production gun this is invaluable to me - if I wanted to load more "competitive" 9mm ammo (read: weaker) I'd have to be way more serious about Production than I am now...

Now, I DO load some 90 grain Steel loads in 9mm occasionaly... like shooting a .22!

I reloaded a few thousand of 9mm last week. All WW (white box I assume) cases that I found, the bullet pushed back in the case by hand. I pulled all of them and will toss WW cases in the future.

No other brand case I loaded had this happen.

Trader if your going to just toss the WW cases, toss them my direction. I think there some of the best cases for reloading. It sounds as if there might be a problem with your sizing die. I use a redding sizing die from the "pro" series, made for progressive presses, and I put a .002-3 crimp. I'm using Zero JHP's. With that combination WW cases work wonderfully.

If you still don't want them, wait until you have a bucket full then send them to me I'll pay the shipping costs.