Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Need help from the Columbus, Ohio gang

I have to take my son to OSU next Wednesday. He will be in job training from 9-3. I want to spend the day shopping. Any good gunshops or bigger stores (Vance?) of interest that you recommend? Directions, addresses or phone #'s would be appreciated.

Thanks

Kevin

I'd check out Vance's. My favorite is Blackwing

www.blackwingsc.com

They always have cool stuff and I've recently been finding primers there as well. Directions available from their website. Gun prices are high though. They aren't in competition with Vance's though, as their service has been tremendous for me.

If you have never held a $50,000 shotgun drive north an hour and a half to Findaly and stop at Jaqua's fine guns.

http://www.jaquas.com/

I actually might have. Maybe in todays dollars. I shot a custom perazzi when I was in Germany in the late 80's. I think it was valued at around 30k. Some German dude who shot at our rod and gun club offered it up. :cheers:

• 3 weeks later...

Well, it was still a long boring day. But I made it to three recommended stores.

Blackwing- Pretty nice store all in all.

Vance's- Friggin like New York City! Have to take a number to get helped. At 11 am on a Wednesday no less.

Powder Room- Nice little place.

I heard a few more gun shop quotes today. " A G34 is a 357 sig." "We don't stock G34's because they are an oddball gun and there is no demand for them".

You won't believe me Flex so I don't know why I try. ;) I was listening to the shop talking on the phone. Somebody called looking for one. They kept asking each other what a 34 was. One said it is 357 sig. I quietly interjected that I think it is a long slide 9mm popular in USPSA type shooting. The other guy said that explained it being an oddball gun and there is no demand for them. :wacko:

AND Flex, I want you to know I heard your snide remark about my M&P at the match. I was having trouble with some plates and you said that's OK since that is probably as accurate as the M&P can shoot. That cuts deep man. Real deep.