Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Area 8

gmel

It was real close. I didn't see David, Matt, or Devon shoot but from the scores, anyone of them could have one, they traded points on almost every stage. David won 4 and Matt and Devon won 3 each. I don't know if they shot on the same squad but it looks like they were pushing pretty hard. As usual, it comes down to whoever makes fewer mistakes.

Nice job David.

No thong, No win. You gotta play to your strengths.

Come to Memphis Cliff. You can always beat up on me.

I sent him something just as enticing.

I got the package. Thanks Dennis.

I'll have to save it for Iowa next year. Get your apps in early so you don't miss the show.

No thong, No win. You gotta play to your strengths.

Come to Memphis Cliff. You can always beat up on me.

I sent him something just as enticing.

I got the package. Thanks Dennis.

I'll have to save it for Iowa next year. Get your apps in early so you don't miss the show.

Wouldn't miss it for the world.

BTW. That was my prize in a ICORE match. :roflol:<_<

It was definately interesting to shoot a revolver in uspsa against such a good group of revolver shooters.

Things I learned:

1. Missing one shot on steel at a 5-shot position is bad. Missing a second one is really bad and necessitates a flat footed reload.

2. Auto shooters don't care about moon clips and tend to step on them.

3. Probably best to shoot with other revolver shooters. It would make stage breakdowns and walk thrus much easier.

4. Mistakes with the revolver are MUCH more costly than with an auto.

5. Don't try and push it too much. Stay in control at all times.

6. USPSA Revolver division is a blast.

It was definately interesting to shoot a revolver in uspsa against such a good group of revolver shooters.

Things I learned:

1. Missing one shot on steel at a 5-shot position is bad. Missing a second one is really bad and necessitates a flat footed reload.

3. Probably best to shoot with other revolver shooters. It would make stage breakdowns and walk thrus much easier.

Item number 2 is why I don't shoot 45 gap. I had 24 bent moon clips after the Va/MD match. I don't have a count for the section 8 match, one was distroyed on my first stage. One advantage we have over the auto shooters is we get all of our brass back!

It was a great match. I was RO'ing on stage 2, so I got to see everyone on that stage. I was truly impressed with the quality of the Revo shooters, and got to put faces with names. Congrats to the winners, and hope to see a bigger turnout next year.

All of David's observations are correct. My personal belief is that Revo division tests the shooter more than the equipment. There's a very slim margin for error. I tanked the match on the first stage, and it didn't get much better. That's the past, looking forward to Nationals.

Rob

Things I learned:

Re: #5. I learned the exact opposite, how 'bout that? I've been shooting like a granny, I'm going to have to turn it up for Nationals.

H.

Regarding #5, I dialed it up and fell into the abyss. Nobody's fault but my own. I could blame the heat, the exhaustion, etc., but it wouldn't do any good. For Nationals, my goal is to stay within my limits. I'll let you know in about nine days if my plan worked.