Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Comp II's vs Comp III's

WHW

In a word, yes.

I use unmodded CompIIIs on the rare occasions when I use speedloaders. You load much better, faster, and more consistently than with CompIIs. The CompIIs are great for carry though, fit in a pocket nicely.

Comp 2s work just fine. The main difference is the Comp 3s are easier to grab because of the longer handle. They also have a spring to shove the rounds in the chamber, but I don't think that makes much difference as long as the shells will fall in freely by gravity. Comp 3s are more finicky when they start getting some miles on them.

Is a shooter at a tremendous disadvantage using Comp II's when shooting against competitors using Comp III speedloaders?

thanks,

whw

whw, a tremdous disadvantage? No, a disadvantage, well..how much has the competitor practiced with the Comp III's? How much have you practiced with the Comp II's. Just having the Comp III's does not make the competitor better. I do better with the Comp III's than the Comp II's because I practice more with the Comp III's. Whup up on em with what you have. later rdd

whw, a tremdous disadvantage? No, a disadvantage, well..how much has the competitor practiced with the Comp III's? How much have you practiced with the Comp II's. Just having the Comp III's does not make the competitor better. I do better with the Comp III's than the Comp II's because I practice more with the Comp III's. Whup up on em with what you have. later rdd

Thanks Bubber,

I practiced with the Jet Loaders, but they went to my son along with the Model 10 I had been shooting. Pricing for the Jet's are about twice as much as Comp II's, and I'm trying to save a little money. Since I'm going to have to buy new, I wondered if anyone saw a great disadvantage to the Comp II's. The Jet Loaders were great.

Thanks for your thoughts.

whw

Time wise in round figures Jet Loaders vs HKS on the clock it's 2 sec more per re-load. This in practice with my 686. I would expect Comp II vs Comp III it's about the same 2 sec slower. Better shooter perhaps less. Last Wed nights 3 stage indoor match we reloaded 6 times. 12 sec is signifigant if you look at match placing. longer match more reloads more important.

Boats

Edited by Boats

I have used Comp II loaders and even Comp I. when my hands were better, I actually loaded better with them than the Comp III or Jets. I practiced with them a lot because they were my duty loaders. Just pick what you want to use and practice. Comp II loaders can be bought used off the auction sites