Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ghost or CR

rupture

I have both and I prefer the Ghost. When locked if you get hit by a bus they will find you under the bus with your gun still in the Ghost. I use it for my Open and Limited. At steel matches I use it with my Caspian single stack all without any adjustments. It draws quick and easy even when you grab it wrong at almost any angle.

The CR speed has the advantage of fitting lots of different guns if you have the patience to adjust it. I got my gun knocked out twice by other shooters taping targets etc. It may be drawn when locked. On the draw it has a very narrow verticle gate if you don't get it right it hangs up. If you watch shooters with this holster watch how the bottom comes out from their leg when they draw, this is hanging up. I found it best with my limited gun, and switched to the Ghost when I started shooting open. I'm shooting Limited again and the Ghost is on my hip, the CR Speed is in the spare parts bag in the truck.

I should also say that the CR Speed is a little more comfortable for extended wear, but I'll sitll stick with the Ghost.

I thing the CR is the best choice for speed on a scoop draw. You can us the holster as sort of a guide to assist in lining up your hand for the scoop. This works great if you only shoot open or Limited., but the holster must be adjusted to go from one to the other, The CR is much less secure when locked, but you can still draw when it is locked, so if you forget to unlock it, no problem.

I like the Ghost better, but I do not use a scoop draw. The pistol comes out of the Ghost very easily if it is not locked, if it is locked you will give yourself a wedgie. The design of the lock lever is such that you can learn to unlock the holster on the draw. The lock lever will move forward or back, one is easy to access and could accidently be unlocked by bumping it against something., rotate the other way and it is behind the holster where it can't be accidently bumped and unlocked. Since there is no muzzle support there is nothing to change on the Ghost to go from Open to Limited.

I too use the Ghost for four years and will continue. However finding parts is an issue unless you want to replace the entire block @ $75 when you need a spring change. After all the use I forgot the springs need to be changed and it bit me this last weekend. I tried Ghost Mesa and could only buy main block. Any one have information on source for spring sizes would be appreciated.

James

I just picked up a variety pack of springs at Ace Hardware. I found one from the bag with a diameter that fit and then trimmed the coil length to fit. It took a couple of tries to get the right length. Start long and trim a bit each time you test it so you don't over trim. I think the total investment was around $2.

Edited by XD Niner