Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What Would You Like To See Made?

NRA has a what would you like to see them make. Since space in American Rifleman is limited, I thought I'd start my own thread. Here are my pics.

1. A Beretta 92 in .45ACP.

2. A Beretta 92 9mm in Sig 239 size.

3. An over the counter 1911 with a Series 80 safety, but NO grip safety. (I think Star made one with no grip safety, but sans the grip safety I want the firing pin block).

4. A Factory Glock with a 1911 grip angle.

What are your pics?

I would like to see them make the guns they make now, without all the extraneous locks and safety devices. I am tired of being saved from myself.

A double rifle from either Ruger, Remington or Winchester chambered for .375 H&H up, for less than the cost of a new home.

Other than that, I would like to see them made with the quality they are capable of producing.

1. A single-stack 9/.40 from Glock in all three frame sizes --- i.e. 26, 19, 17.

2. A 34/35 and a 17L/24 size version of the G21 --- the latter just so my 6" Bar-Sto upper becomes Limited legal.

3. An open Glock from the factory --- 38Super, or 9x23, capacity in the low thirties, Dot and great trigger included all for $1500.- with 4 170mm mags.

One can dream....

A stainless Ruger Blackhawk in 454

A 2011 in the 5.7x28 round. How many of those would fit in a 140mm?

The double rifle would be cool too. Ruger seems to be the most likely to produce that.

That is all for now, will think of more later.

TXAG

I forgot one of my big pet peves: I'd like to see the Sig Sauer Pistol made with the Slide Stop moved forward so that 1911 shooters can't rest their thumb on it as if it was the safety and thereby disabling the slide from locking back. A critical flaw in basically a perfect pistol. :wacko:

How about a light carbine in 460 Rowland, that uses Thompson stick mags.

How about a bullpup rifle with a good trigger? Using LDA type mechanism to actuate pushrod to sear wouldn't be that hard.

Travis F.