Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Barrel link pin

Strick

I have a P14 limited that has a problem every once in a while not feeding. It gets the round about half chambered and that is about it. I am thinking it may be that the link is to long and I got some different sizes but I can't get the pin out. Any ideas on the best way to get it out..........then back in.

The link has to be fitted to the barrel, after the lower lugs were cut to the proper geometry. Changing links to fix a feeding problem isn't something I would advise, in fact I would advise you to leave the link alone unless you know you have the wrong one. At that point you would be able to diagnose the system based on your knowledge of the system as a whole and each component of the system.

I have a P14 limited that has a problem every once in a while not feeding. It gets the round about half chambered and that is about it. I am thinking it may be that the link is to long and I got some different sizes but I can't get the pin out. Any ideas on the best way to get it out..........then back in.

Is it making it under the extractor? The para I had, had the power extractor and wouldn't let rounds under it until we beveled the extractor on the bottom.

• 2 months later...

Yep, sounds more like the extractor... another thing to check... bullets too long/too short... feed ramp polished? Happening on a full mag/partial mag/? I always polish the top of the barrel entrance ( use the green stick from a Rock Shop & your Dremial). Do you guage all your ammo (good practice) Your going to have to eliminate these one by one.....

Check your extractor and check your OAL. That solved a similar problem for me.

Check your extractor and check your OAL. That solved a similar problem for me.

I wouldn't put it past PARA to use the wrong link. I have an early P16 that had a badly undersize link in it when I got it. So much so that it shot 12" high at 50 feet and was visibly beating the barrel locking lugs back after a few 100 rounds.

The .288" Wilson link, and some judicious file work fixed it up. 30,000 rounds later and it is still fine.

Are your lugs getting beaten up? If not and it is shooting to point of aim, I would look elsewhere for your problem.

A GOOD punch, a hammer and something to support the barrel properly is needed to get the pin out.