Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Gun ponted at my chest and Match Directors Response

mikegot38

Two weeks ago I was RO'ing a squad at a local steel match. After I cleared the shooter, I asked him a question about his gun. He was now facing up range. He snatched the gun out of his holster before he could be stopped and pointed it at my chest just as the scorekeeper (my wife) tried to stop him. I was diving for cover and immediately DQ'd him. What really ticked me off (if having a gun pointed at my chest was not enough) is that the MD suggested to one the shooters in the squad (who is also a BE member) that the shooter should be allowed to continue "since the gun was empty". I have been burning about it since the match. Thanks for letting me vent.

Two weeks ago I was RO'ing a squad at a local steel match. After I cleared the shooter, I asked him a question about his gun. He was now facing up range. He snatched the gun out of his holster before he could be stopped and pointed it at my chest just as the scorekeeper (my wife) tried to stop him. I was diving for cover and immediately DQ'd him. What really ticked me off (if having a gun pointed at my chest was not enough) is that the MD suggested to one the shooters in the squad (who is also a BE member) that the shooter should be allowed to continue "since the gun was empty". I have been burning about it since the match. Thanks for letting me vent.

MD needs to read the rules of firearm safety again....NO GUN IS EMPTY!

So, did they allow him to continue?

A.T.

Closed.

Hate rants involving shooters, firearms, or shooting related manufacturers, such as but not limited to - IPSC, IDPA, USPSA, Colt, Brownell's, Dillon, or Match Staff - are NOT PERMITTED. Brian's Forums is also not the place to resolve customer service issues or disputes you may have with a manufacturer, dealer, gunsmith, or individual.