Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Northwest Challenge 2009

Aristotle

Custer puts on an awesome match and their club has some awesome bays! Too bad they're filled with sand! j/k

I had a great time although I didn't shoot so well. Still have a lot to work on getting my "big match" focus/mentality, but that's what this is all about, putting in my time. Staff was first rate, friendly and helpful. Got to meet a lot of cool/good shooters, few members here as well as hang out with the gang down there and I learned a lot from this match about myself. I'm looking forward to next year. :cheers:

oh and thank you Tom Kettels for saving my butt and bringing up a spare Inner CR Speed belt!!!! whew, I'm seriously going to make a list of things not to leave at home and actually check it!

Edited by Aristotle

There were some good stages on the video!

I might put that in my schedule next year.

I like the jungle stage (calling my shot but not the tree must happen a lot) and the boat stages as very technical. ;)

Thanks for sharing the video

Edited by BBQ

There were some good stages on the video!

I might put that in my schedule next year.

I like the jungle stage (calling my shot but not the tree must happen a lot) and the boat stages as very technical. ;)

Thanks for sharing the video

I was one of the RO's on the Jungle Run stage. We saw a some branches shot off the trees...but very few actually. Competitors seemed to either find a sweet spot (where you could engage 5 targets from a single position) or split the targets into smaller groups and engage them on the move using the available view.

I was the CRO, and stage desinger for the boat stage. Out of the entire match RO's included, Gary was the only person to "fall out of the boat", or even come close. :surprise: We had small guys get up and move within the boat with no problems, big guys got up and moved inside the boat. As long as you didn't "rush the corner" ahem.... there were no problems. We worked very hard to make the boat stable for everyone, and yet still get you out of your comfort zone for static shooting. We tried 4-3, and finally 2 intertubes and adjusted all the air pressures until it was just right. We needed to get just the right amount of movement, and yet still be completely stable. I have to say this stage that was one of my favorite stages for the whole match just becuase it was so different, that and Stage 4 Sand Castles where you started with your "ridiculously overpriced Mai-Tai in your hands.

Big Thanks to Doug and all the staff at Custer. Great match, and typical of the NW section production value.

I look forward to next year at Marysville.