Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Could someone explain this please?

skorittnig

STI GM .38 super

Okay- I replaced my existing hammer/sear/disco with an Extreme Engineering kit from Shooters connection. The trigger has a pull of about 2.25#. Seemed to drop in fine (all safeties functioned, even though the thumb safety was stiff to engage), did take some fitting of the sear spring (minor). The biggest issue was (is) with the thumb safety. It is a bit stiff when pushing it up to engage. It does work- and doesn't drop the hammer when disengaged.

Today I took the gun to the range for a function test. The thumb safety is still a bit tight when engaging. The biggest problem (I don't know if they are related) is the hammer. When i rack the slide and fire the gun, everything seems to cycle as it should- and a new round is chambered- trigger seems to be in the full cock position. However, I pull the trigger, and it feels like the thumb safety is fully engaged (trigger won't budge). When I release the trigger, the hammer slowly moves down into the half-cock position.

If anyone has an idea as to what is going on here, I'd really appreciate the input.

Thanks,

skorittnig

I think I'd just put it in a box and send it to Benny Hill at Triangle Shooting Sports.

Rich

Thank you for taking the time to reply. Hopefully someone on here would be willing to share some insight as to what they think is going on- I (and probably many others) post things on here in hopes of learning something. This doesn't mean that I will attempt to fix this problem, but I would like to understand what is happening and why.

Thanks,

skoritttnig