Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Namibian freinds can't join forum?

Is there some reason that the mods can think of that would keep someone from Namibia from being able to join the forum???

I spoke with some IPSC buddies from Namibia, the other day and they said they were unable to log into the forum. I am sure they would like to get the shooting info, and match info that is available on the forum. They want to come over and shoot some 3 gun/multigun, and the only venue they have for this type info is the Global Village, and it does not allow any announcements not IPSC related or below level 3.

thanks for your help, Trapr

1. Can they get to the forum at all? Their IP may be blocked. The system uses "APF" (Advanced Policy Firewall) that automagically blocks IPs from blocks with a history of being the source of spam/hacks/felonious mopery and the like.

2. If they can't open the forum, get their IP - Brian or I can check to see if the system is blocking it and, if so, may be able to have it re-opened.

I thought we had a member from Namibia.

I can't recall if I've seen him in a while...

We do get hit with spammers. If the IP address traces back to a place where we only get spammed and have no members, then Brian might block a range of IP addresses.

So, get their IP addresses and PM them to Brian (or Rob)...but, not me (I'm the guy keeping the oars moving, not steering the ship :) )

In summary...more info is needed.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Brian, did you get a chance to look at the ISP numbers I sent you, or did you get them at all??? If you'll let me know when they are approved I'll email my buddy in Namibia.

thanks Trapr

PM coming to you.

be