Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

inexpensive hotel near OHSU in portland

Anyone know of some really expensive accomodations near OHSU in Portland OR.?? have family in up there with my niece who is in ICU.

thanks for any leads

No suggestions for hotels, but there are 2 Ronald McDonald houses in Portland. If your niece is

a child the family can stay there if they have had to travel over 50 miles to get to Portland.

Whenever I travel to Portland (4-5 times a year) I fly into PDX.

There are several hotels on NE Airport way, which is only minutes from PDX. Most hotels will have regular shuttles to and from the airport. Downtown Portland is about 25 minutes by car, and another 10 or 15 to OHSU. Traffic pending... That entire area will be about $80 - 100 a night averaged out.

The closer to dt Portland you get, the more expensive the hotel will be. But offset that with the drive and taxis / car rental.

I'm actually flying there on Wednesday of this week for business.

Hope this helps.

Read why you're going, I hope for all the best.

Darren

It's not real close to OHSU, but the Phoenix Inn in Beaverton is where most of the folks I know stay. It's about 10-15 min from OHSU. The neighborhood OHSU is in is not the best. I don't know of anything right nearby that I would recommend. Don't stay near the airport. Depending on the time of day it will be a 20-60 minute ride. I-84 turns into a parking lot several times throughout the day.

Call a unit secretary at Doernbecher (503-494-8811) and ask them to give you info, they have lists of hotels, restaurants, etc. for families, and some accommodations will give discounts to families as well. I worked there and we have all kinds of resources. I will keep you in my prayers. The # for Ronald McDonald House on the campus is 971-230-0808.

thanks for all the tips, offers and suggestions..

I got my family that is either squared away for the short term.

my sister-in-law ( niece's mom ) says things are looking positive..and to hang tight..( that is the hardest thing to do, as we want to be there so bad) and come out when the real help will be needed during her recovery.

thanks all