Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ok so I am not new to pc's or coding, but I am new to adobe photoshop I am trying to make a team logo. Ill use it for patches, hats and t shirts also made just a title for the web page have a few i did let me know what you think.. if any one can do better and wants to have at it. Pleas dont comment if its negative i know i suck ..dont need ur input there..lol

O also they may look a bit fuzzy but i have blown them up pretty large so thats ok

Firts the logos

test1all.png

test2nofog.png

test3basic.png

test4basicfog.png

Yes I know some of them were very similar other than some small shading and such.. but no they are not the same

ok now

There u go

Thanks for any input

Chris

Edited by chefcs5

For the logo, I like either the 2nd or 3rd one (can't tell much difference between the 2 of them). The 1st and 4th are too... chaotic?

Otherwise though, I think they look great! For someone without a lot of Photoshop experience, "you done good, man!" (Yes, I'm from the South and that is proper English)

They all look good (the second one is my favorite). Don't forget to take into consideration how each logo style will transfer to a patch, hat or t-shirt. Fine detail can get lost in translation.

Do have an embroidery producer take a look at it and see if it'll translate well enough into garment embroidery or not. It's pretty subtle and the producer may have some suggestions about how do-able the work would be.

Are you allowed to use the biohazard symbol commercially like that...?

They look pretty good, I would leave out the duplicate hall of mirrors look though. It will be tough to reproduce on clothes and won't look right. Also remember that the more colors you use, the more expensive screen printing and embroidery will be. And last of all, find out what program your screen printer uses and draw it up using that program. My wife and mother-in-law own a screen print and embroidery business and the artwork almost always has to be re-done which will also cost more money. You will only have to pay it once though as long as you use the same shop and don't want any changes. Hope I was of some help and if you have any questions let me know, I'll ask the Boss, lol.

He's right (which was what I was getting at). I've had to "discourage" not just a few logo or motif designs from others because they were too complex for multiple-use purposes (garments, hats, print, online, whatever) or the color combinations didn't make the transition well from computer viewing to hard-copy (or fabric) display. In a nutshell, a lot of designs that work well or easily ONLINE simply don't translate well to embroidery or print. The more end-uses you have in mind, the simpler your design/logo/motif should be. Again, keeping it simple is a good rule of thumb.

Another thing to consider is "how would this design look in black-n-white (greyscale) display?" Just in case you were to reserve ad space in a publication but could only afford black-n-white display as opposed to full-color (which can be costly by comparison). Some subtle designs (like yours) may not successfully (or at all) make the transition from color to black-n-white display very well. Just something else to consider.

On the other hand, if you're going to use the design for ONLINE display only, then you have far greater latitude in how subtle or weird you can be.

Good luck!

Well thanks to every one who said I did good.

the first graphics will be simply for the web site

the second may be used for hats or shirts

I also have the stock biohazard in that color and design just by it self to use on hats and shirts

I do have it alos (just the bio hazard ) as black and white and no problem to transfer the font

The bio hazard can be used legally atleast according to my google research of about 10 mins..lol

as far as fomats I have them all in psd now but can change to over 20 supported formats easily

and yes the match part and chaos dont quite fit but I like it..lol. the fractal just isnt doin it..but thanks..lol