Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

650 Casefeeder drops 1 in 10 upside down

I have a problem with my 650 casefeeder. The problem is that it is dropping @ 1 in every 10 cases upside down. This happens with 9mm, .357 SIG, and .223. Can anyone tell me if there is an adjustment that I need to make?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

which case feeder plate are you using?

9mm and 357 sig requires the small case feeder plate.

Yes... using small pistol shell plate for 9 and 357 and small rifle for .223

Had the same problem, made a support bracket to extend from the case feeder bowl to the wall., making the bowl very stable. Vibration from the 650 was being transferred to the case feeder causing cases to flip upside down---- have only had (2) upside down cases in over 3000 rounds since.

Had the same problem, made a support bracket to extend from the case feeder bowl to the wall., making the bowl very stable. Vibration from the 650 was being transferred to the case feeder causing cases to flip upside down---- have only had (2) upside down cases in over 3000 rounds since.

Great tip.

Mark K.

Great tip.

Mark K.

Thanks... I will give that a try!

Are the cases flipped over before they drop or are they flipping after they leave the case feeder?

If it the same problem I had. A call to Dillon and the fix was on the way. They make a block that fits in the top funnel of the case feed tube. It will not allow the case to flip over after leaving the case feeder.

Are the cases flipped over before they drop or are they flipping after they leave the case feeder?

If it the same problem I had. A call to Dillon and the fix was on the way. They make a block that fits in the top funnel of the case feed tube. It will not allow the case to flip over after leaving the case feeder.

Mine are flipping before they drop. I think the gentleman above is on to something by securing the feeder so it does not shake as much. Going to give it a try.

Mine are flipping before they drop. I think the gentleman above is on to something by securing the feeder so it does not shake as much. Going to give it a try.

I think a lot of problems with the 650 are caused by the press and bench wiggling in use.

I had these problems with my SDB 18 years ago (with the priming mostly) and after changing to a heavy duty bench bolted to the wall they all went away. My 650 never had any problems, my friend's DID and they went away when he bolted his bench to the wall.

I have a problem with my 650 casefeeder. The problem is that it is dropping @ 1 in every 10 cases upside down. This happens with 9mm, .357 SIG, and .223. Can anyone tell me if there is an adjustment that I need to make?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I made a stand out of square tubing and attached it to my table and mounted the case feeder on and now I don't get 1 out of 1000 upside down. My 1050 never had the problem but seems like the 650 is not as stable and does have case feeding problems if the case feeder is left mounted on the loader.