Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

area 1 multi-gun

i was just wondering if anybody has any info on a area 1 multi-gun match this year. i tried doing a search for it and was unsuccessful. are they doing one this year, if not i wonder why. any help would be great.

Thanks

No Area 1 Multi-Gun this year. It was supposed to take place in the Tri-Cities area but the MD moved out of that area and no one stepped up to do the match again this year. The Multi Gun Nationals are also in Area 1 this year. Any interest in running it next year?

FWIW, there will be a multi-gun match in the Tri-Cities this fall. I believe they were talking October. Keep checking www.ewpsa.org for info.

I just joined the local club and we're slowly starting to get our act together with the big guy gone. He was one of those people who did SO much that you don't realize until he's gone.

I believe that EWPSA was supposed to do it this year but then life happened and for a variety of reasons they had to take a pass this time around. Don't know any details. EWPSA has an excellent range and could provide a very challenging match so this was too bad.

I along with some other folks tried to get one done on short notice by tagging it on to another match but it was just too short of notice to make it go. Too many moving parts, too few moving bodies available to help and too many changes required to meet the rules to readily re-use the existing stage designs.

well that sucks. i've really caught the 3-gun bug and was looking forward to doing more matches(especially closer to home), hopefully somebody will take the reigns from Dwight for next year.

As the post#3 mentioned, we will be having a multigun match in October. Those of us on the new EWPSA team are getting the hang of producing monthly pistol matches now (we've been working on it since February). and we shall see how we do for our multigun/fundraiser later this year.

We are doing some things to get ready like putting on a RO class to build our local pool of ROs and constructing active targets, etc. However, we did not feel ready to put on an A1 multigun when we haven't put on a local MG yet.

Also, none of us have any idea how to set up a prize table. Maybe if Chuck was responsible for the prize table we could whip something up pronto :)

Also, none of us have any idea how to set up a prize table. Maybe if Chuck was responsible for the prize table we could whip something up pronto :)

I probably won't have the time to put in making the calls this year for you. However I'd be more than happy to send you my list of contacts and get you started.

I probably won't have the time to put in making the calls this year for you. However I'd be more than happy to send you my list of contacts and get you started.

There ya go!! Wouldn't take that much, a cumulative effort could turn out well. I'm in good with some LaRue folks. :cheers:

It really isn't too late to start moving for a 2009 A1 MG at least for parts of A1. Up here in the northern tier our "reasonable weather" season isn't going to help very much but there are places in A1 that have a bit longer gunning season. So if one of those groups wanted to step forward and send Bruce Gary a proposal I doubt they would be shot down.

And certainly someone needs to start thinking long and hard about the 2010 A1 MG. It's really never to early too start planning these types of matches. Don't try to do it in a vacuum either. There are folks out here that would be more than happy to help in some way they just have to be asked.

The recent A1 Handgun is a good example of teamwork. That match drew in staff and whatnot from many clubs to make a darn good match at a very nice range. The very same thing can be done for a MG match. Get a club to sponsor a stage in terms of the doing the stage design, setup, providing whatever props they can, staffing it, etc.

And there is nothing wrong with a trophy only match if you can't put together a huge prize table (although with Chuck's list you have a huge leg up on that one).

Get your clubs thinking about it and then let us all know how we can help. :)

I was thinking of trying the Nationals this fall, but I don't think it's in my cards, financially. I'd love to make it over for another fall match at TriCities, though. Is the date set yet?

We shoot the 3rd Sunday of the month. Check www.ewpsa.org every once in a while for updates.

And I will contact Chuck for sure for his sponsor contacts if we do an area match :)

• 2 months later...
I was thinking of trying the Nationals this fall, but I don't think it's in my cards, financially. I'd love to make it over for another fall match at TriCities, though. Is the date set yet?

We shoot the 3rd Sunday of the month. Check www.ewpsa.org every once in a while for updates.

And I will contact Chuck for sure for his sponsor contacts if we do an area match :)

Any updates or changes?

Tri-Cities is doing their multi-gun match in about two weeks. There's an announcement in the three gun match announcement section of the forums by Busyhawk (Scott Hawkins). Pre-registration (but not payment) is required. I'm trying to get a kitchen pass but as I just got back from being gone 11 days for handgun nats and will leave in a couple weeks for MG nats I kinda doubt I'll get to go.

As far as I know, no one stepped up to do an Area 1 MG this year.

I am sure Chuck will be beating the bushes to get one going for 2010.