Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

C-More Micro Red Dot

Chuck Anderson

So I finally got my C-More Micro Red Dot Sight. Best of the breed I've played with so far. The switch has three settings, off, AT and M. The Automatic setting does NOT turn the dot off when the hood is on. The AT setting was brighter and cleaner than the Burris Fast Fire it was replacing. On Manual, it was easily 2-3 times brighter. It looked like an actual C-More dot. Only downside is the window is a bit smaller than most micro sights. I mounted it on a SBR'd Tactical Solutions X-Ring that I'll be shooting at the NW Regional at the end of the month. Anybody coming is more than welcome to take a look if they want.

So I finally got my C-More Micro Red Dot Sight. Best of the breed I've played with so far. The switch has three settings, off, AT and M. The Automatic setting does NOT turn the dot off when the hood is on. The AT setting was brighter and cleaner than the Burris Fast Fire it was replacing. On Manual, it was easily 2-3 times brighter. It looked like an actual C-More dot. Only downside is the window is a bit smaller than most micro sights. I mounted it on a SBR'd Tactical Solutions X-Ring that I'll be shooting at the NW Regional at the end of the month. Anybody coming is more than welcome to take a look if they want.

So the dot is a true red? not orange like the Jpoint.

I received my C-more STS today.

here are my issues with it

1. The Dot is orange, not red like the normal C-More. Its a more red that the Jpoint, but not red like C-More slideride. I don't pick up the orange as well as red when shooting, I was hoping this would be the solution. The wife says they are very close in color, I see a distinct difference, may just be my eyes

2. It doesn't mount on any JPoint or Dr mounts. The Tab holes (only 2) are not in the same area as a JPoint or Dr. The Screw mount holes are not in the same place as a JPoint either, so the mount does not fit a JVDynamic mount. Only Picatinny and tube mounts are available at this point.

3. The switch for Off Auto and Manual is right behind the lens. easy to get finger prints on the lens.

4. The lens is smaller than the Jpoint.

5. The lenses has a Blue/Green tint.

What I like

1. The dot is brighter than the JPoint on Auto and very bright on Manual

2. The lenses is glass and very clear.

3. Look like it is well made, Feel solid.

Verdict...

For me it does not solve the one issue that I was hoping it would, a true red dot. Combined with the fact that I will either need to modify my JvDynamics mount or have a C-more mount drilled and tapped. I will more than likely return the sight unused. :(

post-4994-1247885475_thumb.jpg

Edited by Supermoto

Man that is weird. That does not liook like mine. I don't remember it looking that blue. And the dot on mine looked just as red as my C-More. I've been banned from the camera until the wife get the latest baby pics off. (geez you accidentally delete one 1st birthday party and never hear the end of it.) I'll see if I can get access to the camera today. BTW, you're wrong about the JP adaptor. They shipped me one with my mount. I was going to ship it back to them but if you still want the scope, send me a PM

Man that is weird. That does not liook like mine. I don't remember it looking that blue. And the dot on mine looked just as red as my C-More. I've been banned from the camera until the wife get the latest baby pics off. (geez you accidentally delete one 1st birthday party and never hear the end of it.) I'll see if I can get access to the camera today. BTW, you're wrong about the JP adaptor. They shipped me one with my mount. I was going to ship it back to them but if you still want the scope, send me a PM

The blue in the pic is more intense than the actual sight itself, but it was the first thing I noticed, that and the orange dot. Mine is definately not red.

Mine did not ship with any mounts.

PM Sent

Wow, that's really not what I was expecting either (in regards to your pics). Sight looks considerably bigger than the Doctor/Jpoints, but with a smaller screen that sits higher (which makes a proper melted mounting solution harder for me).

You said your version is completely different in glass tint/dot Chuck? Will be interested in seeing when you can sneak the camera away ;)

All right, I'll be danged if I can get the camera to focus on the reticle. I compared the dot to my C-More and it's definitely not quite as red. The dot size and shape looked the same with equal amounts of bloom. I really don't notice the color difference much. Sorry about no photos. I'll see if someone at the steel match this weekend has better photo skills than I do.

All right, I'll be danged if I can get the camera to focus on the reticle. I compared the dot to my C-More and it's definitely not quite as red. The dot size and shape looked the same with equal amounts of bloom. I really don't notice the color difference much. Sorry about no photos. I'll see if someone at the steel match this weekend has better photo skills than I do.

I just received mine ( and 2 others), I'll try to get a pic of the reticle in a while.

Dave

I just received mine ( and 2 others), I'll try to get a pic of the reticle in a while.

Dave

These 3 pics should show what it looks like on the gun,

post-5886-1249011471_thumb.jpg

the dot in AT (auto),

post-5886-1249011493_thumb.jpg

and the dot in M (max).

post-5886-1249011481_thumb.jpg

Dave

What is your goal of moving to the smaller sight, weight savings?

Goal is to be able to shoot real light load without the cases hitting the underside of a full sized dot. If there is nothing above the port to hit then the 99.99% operating gun just went to 100%.

Plus it does happen to be the brightest micro dot I've seen yet.

Dave

What is your goal of moving to the smaller sight, weight savings?

Goal is to be able to shoot real light load without the cases hitting the underside of a full sized dot. If there is nothing above the port to hit then the 99.99% operating gun just went to 100%.

Plus it does happen to be the brightest micro dot I've seen yet.

Dave

But Dave, your mount is still over the top of the ejection port.