Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CR Speed Holster

speedy169

I know ther are some people out there using the CR Speed holster. Come on people whats the details to make this work.

CR Speed sells a model specifically for the M&P. The trigger guard is quite a bit wider on the Smith. I think a call to CR Speed would answer your question. It would probably be easier for them to sell you the parts you need. Please let me know what you find out. I'm thinking about doing the same thing.

I know ther are some people out there using the CR Speed holster. Come on people whats the details to make this work.

CR Speed sells a model specifically for the M&P. The trigger guard is quite a bit wider on the Smith. I think a call to CR Speed would answer your question. It would probably be easier for them to sell you the parts you need. Please let me know what you find out. I'm thinking about doing the same thing.

A few months ago I emailed CR and they replied back that the model specific holster for the M&P was actually for the Springfield XD, but worked okay for the M&P. They were waiting on a gun so they could check to see if they needed to make any changes for the holster to work. I would contact them about it before I ordered one.

Ok, I did some leg work and this is what I came up with.

M&P in a Bladetech DOH. Just to see what I started with.

doh.jpg

A call to CR Speed turned up that the Glock Holsters will accept the M&P and the XD. I dug up an old Glock Holster from a friend and started looking it over.

Glock.jpg

The trigger gaurd area is wider than a 1911 style CR Speed. The 1911 CR Speed holster as a shim stack that can come out to except a wide trigger gaurd.

Glock_Inside.jpg

Edited by speedy169

So then I tryed the M&P out in the Glock Holster and it rattled and just didn't fit good. Some Dremel work and and cutting might make it better.

Glock_holster.jpg

Then I tryed the M&P in the 1911 CR Speed with out the shims and thought I could make it work easier.

About 5 minutes with the dremel and this is waht I ended up with.

CR_Speed.jpg

A closser look at what I had to do. A little chamfer around the trigger gaurd area and some relief in the front and I was good to go.

Green_inside.jpg

Edited by speedy169

The fit is great. Nice and tight but still just right for a smoth draw. The only thing to note is that you need to flip the muzzel platform or cut some out of it to clear the rail on the M&P.

MP_Green.jpg

Trigger.jpg

It fits tight and snug. I ran up and down the stairs, jumped up and down, and ran around with the holster unlocked and locked to see if it would fall out or wiggle lose. I plan to use it in my first match this weekend so we will see how it does.

Hope this helps some one else out.

I see 1911 CR Speed holsters in the for sale section alot for around $100.

I understand that CR Speed WSMII USP, XD/HS & Glock holsters will fit the M&P. XD/HS will fit Glock holster & vice-versa. USP holster is the CR Speed holster sold here in Australia to fit M&P.

Cheers, Ando.

So then I tryed the M&P out in the Glock Holster and it rattled and just didn't fit good. Some Dremel work and and cutting might make it better.

Your dremel changed the colour???

The green one is a 1911 holster. It was just green with envy.