Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Fiber Optics

spook

I still have a patridge front sight on my 625-2. I am really looking into the fiber optic front sights, but I can't seem to find a decent one. I've seen the SDM sight, but they're very wide (.125") and the dot looks way too big, which would mess up accuracy. Besides, it says on they site that the sights are very tall, so I'll proably have to replace my rear sight too.

Does anyone know of another fiber optic FS?

I replaced the front sight assembly of my 625-4 with a Wiegand interchangable front sight system. Stuck an SDM fiber insert in it and have been quite happy.

The rear sight is factory stock, and while there isn't as much light around the sides as I like on my STI's, it is much faster than the blade was...and if I find something I like better, swapping the front sight is a snap (well, a pin and a spring loaded plunger instead of a snap, but you get the idea).

Alex

Guys, thanks. Wakal, I was afraid the SDM would give me a claustrophobic sight picture. Maybe I'll have my gunsmith machine a FO FS for me.

Sensei, please let me know what you think of the SDM once you install it.

Mark Hartshorne at Pinnacle High Performance www.pinnacle-guns.com made several micro dot type .090 blades with FO in them For my Revos. All my stock guns have the same sight set up, Love them. Tell him what you need and he will make it up for you. Tell him Doug sent ya!

I am on board with Doug. Mark at Pinnacle is the Sh*t. He has put fibre optics on both of my 625's and I love them. I think he just uses the existing sight, mills a groove in them, drills a hole for the rod and thats it. Mark also makes my ghost ring rear sight for my revo's. With the rear ghost ring and the front fibre optic, it really works well for me. I would highly recomend Pinnacle.

• 1 month later...

spook,

I made a FS for my 610. Took 1/8" (.125") mild steel, dremel tool and .060" drill bit and whacked away at it. I made mine too tall and had to lower it and it is butt ugly, but it works just fine.

Whether you make one, have one made or buy one, IMHO the fiber optics give these tired eyes a little better look.

FWIW

Dennis

LOL, that sounds like fun. I don't mind the butt-uglyness of parts. My competition gun looks like a POS anyways.

I've already talked my gunsmith into making me some new FSs, and I happen to really like the .090" sights for plates at 15yds+. I don't think that leaves any room for a fiber.., or does it?

SDM front sight and a Wiegand rear Blade on the 686 and the 625 that I used to have. Have since sold both guns but if I ever get another revolver it would be the sight combination that I would have. The SDM front sight is very nice and bright. The dot is alot smaller, IMO than a Hi-Viz. The blade is square and if my memory serves me correctly the Hi-Viz isn't, more rounded on top.

Just my .02 worth. ;)

:D

This morning i have reiceved the SDM front sigth, ................ Fantastic !!! (ordered from Dillon Precision), next days i will put on the revo .......... one green and one red ............. who will be the best ???

hi all

Oh, oh, oh .............................

There is a little problem i didn't knew ............. last evening i was trying to change the front sight, ......... but after i push out the little pin i saw that the original sight have an hole too, and the new that i want to change, (SDM pin in), no ........

I hope you don't tell to me that i have to make this little hole in the new sight ........................................... oh my God, i really hope no !!! ................................. (i need a good Gunsmith !!!)

ciao

• 3 weeks later...