Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Doable open gun build?

Ledge

Mine right now is on full size 9 (4.25in). Dave Olhasso is building one on a 9L(5in). I like sharp fast recoil and am using 115s he likes soft so he is using the longer barrel with 124s. In the end it is what you like the 5 in will be easier to make major with, but I am doing it no problem with my 4.25 in. Actually I worked my way up to 185pf without any problems with my 4.25.

Hmm, M&P Pro Open Gun. Since the magwell and extended mag bases are already in place on mine I'll be making a list of what to purchase next when Dan has the comps ready!!! Other than Revolver Open is the only class I haven't tried since starting this sport last year so why not. :roflol:

• 4 months later...

Good Evening,

If you already have an M&P 9L. How much would it cost to convert it to an open gun? I have an M&P 9L, which I am shooting production with, but I saw the M&P 9L open gun and I fell in love with it. I would appreciate your time and help.

Joel A. Morales

A-63829

Good Evening,

If you already have an M&P 9L. How much would it cost to convert it to an open gun? I have an M&P 9L, which I am shooting production with, but I saw the M&P 9L open gun and I fell in love with it. I would appreciate your time and help.

Joel A. Morales

A-63829

Joel, Hard question to answer right now, as I still need to finish testing things before I will know waht all it is going to take. but the minimum would be the storm lake barrel and a comp along with the mag well and mag extensions from Kenny. The springs seem to be the hard part, there need to be a fine balance here.

I just recently put a C-more STS on mine to see if that is going to hold up well to permently replace my Jpoint. The STS looks a heck of a lot nicer.

I am about to start in on one made from a 9L for my wife to shoot next year in open, So I should have a better Idea of const on a 9L in a couple months. After doing some weighing and measureing I am starting to think the 9L is a better starting point as the slide will be easier to lighten (which will mean cheaper to do for a customer).

hope this helps a little.

Dan