Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Halloween Match planning

Spray_N_Prey

Flex, you nailed it. Being a cheap SOB I would use those ultra cheap bags which are pretty easy to see through but just to be safe a small slit in the bottom of the bag *top of the bag when it is over the target* and the head poking through should fall within the rules if I am correct. :ph34r:

Nik, from all I have seen it is not much worse than scoring and pasting a match in the rain where there are clear bags over the targets. *shoots indoors so it rarely rains* lol

Joe W.

Nik, from all I have seen it is not much worse than scoring and pasting a match in the rain where there are clear bags over the targets. *shoots indoors so it rarely rains* lol

Joe W.

Right, but that tends to bog things down. If you're only having one stage with these targets --- consider making it a shorter stage, so squads rotate through in the same amount of time as longer stages. If you're putting them on every stage, consider sprinkling in a few per stage, rather than bagging all the targets.....

Or go nuts, and let us know how it worked out.... :D

I agree, if all the targets are covered make it a short/small stage. Other than that just a few here and there on a stage shouldn't be too bad but even at that it will slow things down some. Since no one has signed up to set up stages between now and the end of the year I may just have to do something like this to get them off their butts and get the rest of the members to help set up. lol Still debating if I want to run for another year as MD or not, set up stages like this and I won't have to worry about getting re-elected. :roflol:

Joe W.

Bags sux. Take forever to call and paste. (I don't mind shooting them, but they slooooow things down.)

If you use some, I'd suggest putting a long vertical slit down the bag on the face of the target. That will, at least, negate the need to lift the target to look for most holes and tape them.

• 2 months later...

Been here, and loved it..... I am stealing the idea of the hard cover Vamp's

I am going to play with wrapping targets in toilet paper to mimic Mummy's. I figured the TP was easy enough to replace or stick a new piece on with some spray adhesive.

Going to use some large sheets of cardborad to create tombstones.....

As we don't have power at the range (would need to run generator), i was thinking of doing that idea someone had of using a strobe light on swingers, but this may cause issues. Maybe throw some dry ice into the mix..... but having a limited budget may not be able to afford the dry ice

Usually I do it for all stages in the match. Learned a lot last year and hopefully this years stages will be a lot better.

Joe W.

Care to share ? any ideas ?

Since our club meets at an indoor range we can control the lighting. A dark stage with movers and lit with some strobe lights makes for an interesting fun. Also learned that dry ice is NOT a good idea indoors even with a good ventalation system.

Joe

My daughter thought of some ideas and one was to put cardboard wings on a target (back) to make it look like Bat wings. Not sure if this is legal or not, still looking through the rules but haven't found anything yet.

As we are level 1 match, many of the shooters are saying who cares do what you want and if you complain, don't show up.... it is for fun at least this match is......

My daughter thought of some ideas and one was to put cardboard wings on a target (back) to make it look like Bat wings. Not sure if this is legal or not, still looking through the rules but haven't found anything yet.

As we are level 1 match, many of the shooters are saying who cares do what you want and if you complain, don't show up.... it is for fun at least this match is......

Are they decorative?

Are they hard cover? Are they no-shoots? If so there may be shoot through implications you'll want to watch out for....

Are they decorative?

Are they hard cover? Are they no-shoots? If so there may be shoot through implications you'll want to watch out for....

I would use them as hard cover myself. Maybe even be EXTRA evil and put one on a swinging target. :devil:

Joe W.

• 2 weeks later...
I might make a coffin and you have to retrieve your handgun from the grave.

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=WARSAW...u/1/iYiyfDLSX5I

Here is the coffin I maid and used last Sunday. My wife used it more scaring people as the walked in to my garage before I took it to the range.

Then the dark house was 24 feet long with a strobe light in it.

Brent

Edited by colt