Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Beretta Brigadier sights

Racer 27

Are you shooting reloads ? I shoot lead in my Beretta in 40 sw . I tried a few different powders to make a nice miner load and out of the 3 or 4 different powders all shot low but Bullseye was right on. So that what I used.

Brent

I know the early EIIs had problems with a too-tall FS. I don't think this was a problem on the original Elites. Not sure what sights are on the brigs.

Anyway, on my EII I use the factory novak rear (which you can get from novak) and a dawson fiber front, I think a 0.11 (the thinnest they make for the beretta).

I assume the brigs have the same dovetails as the elites?

-rvb

I have a Dawson FO on the front of my Brig. No problem with elevation using the top of the front sight post as the POA.

If you don't get a good answer here, you might try the Beretta forum or David Olhasso's page (if he's still in the Beretta 'smithing business.) I recall reading something about the various front post heights, but I can't remember what the deal was. At least when I bought mine a few years ago, Dawson only offered one height and width. I still use the stock rear sight. (I blackened the white dots.)

Edited by Leozinho

Standard slide 92/96

The Standard Height rear sight is .267" high.

Novak .278" high will raise POI Approx. 1.5" @ 25 yards

Novak .290" high will raise POI Approx. 3.2" @ 25 yards

Novak .305" high will raise POI Approx. 5.3" @ 25 yards

Brigadier Slide 92/96 (including Elites)

The Standard Height rear sight is .290" high.

Novak .278" high will lower POI Approx. 1.6" @ 25 yards

Novak .290" high should not change POI (use this sight if you don't need a POI Change)

Novak .305" high will raise POI Approx. 2.1" @ 25 yards

Novak .320' high will raise POI Approx 4.2" @ 25 yards

Colt I'm shooting the bulk Winchester boxes.

rvb my Beretta is an Elite 92G Brigadier. I should have put that in there.

Stoney Lane thank you for that information that was very helpful.

Leozinho and rvb do you like that dawson sight?

Edited by Racer 27

Colt I'm shooting the bulk Winchester boxes.

rvb my Beretta is an Elite 92G Brigadier. I should have put that in there.

Stoney Lane thank you for that information that was very helpful.

Leozinho and rvb do you like that dawson sight?

I do like the Dawson FO front sight. It took a little work to not get fixated on the red dot on targets that called for a Type 3/4 focus. Now I've been presently suprised to realize I may shoot a stage and just put the red dot on the center of the brown on the hoser targets, and at longer, tighter shots I focus on the top of the sight post and never see the red dot. I don't think about it. Kind of cool. :cheers:

I wish I could try one that was a bit thinner just to see if I liked it better. I suppose one could open up the rear sight if you really needed more light on the sides of the front sight.

Plus, I think the Dawson is the only thing available if you want to go the fiber optic route. (At least it was a few years ago, and as far as I know there are even fewer companies now that are interested in limited market for Beretta aftermarket mods.)

Edited by Leozinho

I have the Dawson FOFS on one of my Brig slides. I like it. I just wish it was skinnier. Like maybe a 90 thou . Maybe it was just me and my ham'ed handedness but the factory front was a #$^$# to get out even with the uber expesnive sight pusher. :angry2:

Yes, my 92's shoot low and to the left with Winchester White Box also. :wacko:

I've got the Dawson FO on the front of mine and have been very happy. I have a "Border Marshal" that came with Trilux night sights that I still have on the back, so my spacing may be a bit different than the stock sights. With the original front and the Dawson, it's always been right on.

Out of curiosity, when other people shoot your Beretta, do they have the same point of impact issues? Just curious.

I've got the Dawson FO on the front of mine and have been very happy. I have a "Border Marshal" that came with Trilux night sights that I still have on the back, so my spacing may be a bit different than the stock sights. With the original front and the Dawson, it's always been right on.

Out of curiosity, when other people shoot your Beretta, do they have the same point of impact issues? Just curious.

Never had anybody else ever really shoot it that knows what they're doing. I've put 2 different laser bore sighters in it and they both pointed right to where the rounds are hitting.

Never had anybody else ever really shoot it that knows what they're doing. I've put 2 different laser bore sighters in it and they both pointed right to where the rounds are hitting.

Well, that's good since it confirms your allignment issue. I only asked because a friend of mine was absolutely certain that he had sights that were off, but it turned out that he was just consistent in his ability to miss.

If you get the Dawson's, I think you'll be really happy...you know, provided that they're lined up with the barrel and all.

Enthusiast it was a good question to ask.

I'm thinking of getting the dawson's front sight but I will still have to get a taller rear sight to raise the bullets impact. Anyone know of one place to get both?

All my Elite's and Steel I's shot low for my preferences. I prefer to use the "flat tops of the sights", not the "drive the dot" or "pumpkin on the post" methods. Dave Olhasso makes some custom rear sights, I've had to install some of his. Use the chart, figure out approx what you need, buy slightly higher and file down to get what you like.

I had also tried the Dawson F.O. front but took it out, kept getting confused with the red dot on my open gun and was putting the front sight in the wrong place.