Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Issues with online RO exam

MoNsTeR

The first issue, and the most significant, is that it is extremely likely your session will timeout before you finish filling out the form, resulting in an error upon submission. And depending on one's browser, one may or may not be able to press Back and retrieve one's answers. If you are taking the exam I highly recommend you write down your answers before submitting, or you may lose them.

The second issue is that the exam, as far as I noticed, does not specify which rulebook to use. Looking at the USPSA rules page, http://www.uspsa.org/rules/, my first inclination was to refer to the "2009 Combined Rule Book (April 2009)" which would seem to be both most recent and most comprehensive. However, the Combined rulebook is numbered differently in a few places versus the "January 2008 Edition USPSA Handgun Rulebook". For example, in the handgun book Limited 10 is defined in Appendix D3, but in the combined book it is defined in Appendix D4. In the handgun book, the parameters of short, medium, and long courses are described in text in rules 1.2.1.1-1.2.1.3, whereas in the combined book 1.2.1.1-1.2.1.2 refer to a table, and 1.2.1.3, while essentially equivalent, is worded quite differently.

With the exception of the MultiGun certification, all NROI exams and seminars are based on the handgun rules. The online exam is based on the current handgun rule book.

The timeout issue is a new one on me; this is the first I've heard of that problem. I'll ask Rob to take a look at that.

Troy

The timeout issue is a new one on me; this is the first I've heard of that problem. I'll ask Rob to take a look at that.

Troy

Yeah, I haven't heard of that. When I took the test in December it breezed right through.

Did the test two weeks ago. Got the error when first submitted! :surprise:

Fortunately the answers were still there when I hit the back button.

Submitted again, and it was accepted as the first try.

I had the same thing with the same result...

I had the same problem but when I hit the back button......no answers....oh well I just took the test a second time.

I also heard there was an issue when you saved it to finish later it counted as one of your tries. :)

I hear that issue has been fixed. It's bound to have some bugs... it is a beta after all. ;)

I'm still very glad you guys did it and don't think there are any major issues... a couple revisions and you'll have it nailed down.

JT