Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Evanescence - Fallen

SRT Driver

I'll second that... and being I'm still into the Glam '80s sort of music, it's rare I find music today I totally dig. Anyone guitarists out there who are trying to figure out how to play their songs, looks like all their songs tune the low E string down to D.

• 2 years later...

Seems I came in late to this topic, but I pretty much JUST discovered this band. All I can say is "WOW!". I haven't had this kind of impact music wise in some years. Damn, now I have to buy every cd of theirs I can find. I picked up "Fallen" and their live CD with Bonus Concert DVD. It was one reason to get the sub woofer turned back on. Woo hoo! :)

Vince

It's a decent album. I heard demos that were done in pre-production on the album before it was recorded (they were out on Kazaa...). I have to say, I actually like the demos better... same songs, but less production. Anyhow... :)

Chick can sing, no doubt about it. If more metal bands would remember that strong vocals go a lot farther (or, maybe, wider - audience wise) than flashy chops, there might actually be a real metal resurgence, but... I digress :)

Her voice gives me chills... she was pretty good live, too.

They've had a lineup change, but they're still around. They've released a live album / DVD recently, apparently. Haven't heard anything new out of them, though... They don't have one of the original twosome anymore (Ben Moody - Amy Lee is the other one), so who knows what the sound will be like from here....

Holy Crap this is an old thread!!

Is Evanesence around these days?

Yeah, they just came out with their live CD and dvd of one of the last concerts of their tour (Paris I believe) and I've watched the DVD (has some outakes and bloopers from concerts). As it is now, they are in the studio now trying to come up with an equally good follow up cd. I hope they bring it off, Amy Lee has amazing, haunting vocals. And the other musicians in the band all sound great to me. However, if you don't or can't figure out the words, my wife says that the songs all sounded the same to her. Since I can make out the words, I didn't think they all "sounded the same".

Vince

Several moons ago, when I heard their song Bring me to Life, I said to myself "Hey, that would probably make for a good sound track."

I was starting out my hobby in video editing then and figured I can use the song for some home movies we did on the range. Splice up different takes, couple of experiments on the software and come up with something like an MTV.

The guys liked it because we actually looked like we were actually hitting something! :lol:

Here's the vid. Quality is a bit crappy due to the compression but I hope you still enjoy it. :)