Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

primer hardness

fritzthemoose

Hello,

After tuning my Glock Trigger the firing pin does not generate enough force for hard primers anymore. Not that it was not expected but when my Muron SP did not fire anymore it was still kind of bad because I of course was hoping different

:roflol:

Does somebody has a kind of list of primers from hard to soft?

Try Federal- they tend to be the softest I believe. Win are moderate and CCI are harder. Not sure about the others.

Personally I never want to own a gun that is so dependant on primers, better off learning to manage trigger control. ;)

Federal Primers will detonate with 32 oz of force, so will Reminton reliably. Next come Winchester tking 43 oz as well as Wolf. CCI take upwards of 56 oz of force for reliable detonaation.

Muron is sold as Wolf in the US right? If yes than I am not sure because Winchester work without problems but Muron not. I mean if they both have 43

What's the difference between the Federal Small Pistol, and Federal SP Match?

The amount of quality control is a bit better with the match grade stuff.

I end up with smaller extreme spreads and standard deviations with the match stuff.

YMMV

Federal Primers will detonate with 32 oz of force, so will Reminton reliably. Next come Winchester tking 43 oz as well as Wolf. CCI take upwards of 56 oz of force for reliable detonaation.

Muron is sold as Wolf in the US right? If yes than I am not sure because Winchester work without problems but Muron not. I mean if they both have 43

Wolf is a bit harder than winchester.

A friends open glock won't ignite my wolf primered loads reliably compared to our other friends winchester primered loads.